Director, Branded Content Creative
The FX Networks Branded Content department is responsible for creative, strategy and production of branded content and brand partnership solutions for all FX Networks Originals, movies, acquired series, and studio partnerships. These revenue-generating content packages run across FX, FXX, and FXM linear and non-linear networks, streaming platforms, FX Networks social channels, and FXNetworks.com. The FX Branded Content team collaborates with all ad sales, portfolio solutions, client solutions, ad products and digital revenue teams. The department also works with marketing partners across the corporation to create and produce content for synergistic, cross-promotional opportunities.
The Director of Branded Content Creative, will oversee creative for all branded content and brand partnership projects from development of concepts through scripting, production and delivery. Multi-platform projects may include live-action shoots, original animation, sponsored streams, interactive engagement ads, social content, BTS, AR/VR, clip-based spots or graphics-driven spots. Reporting to the Vice President of Branded Content, this position will work closely with the Director of Branded Content Production on project planning, producer and vendor assignments, workflow and communications, as well as engaging with in-house producers and internal departments across the company on a regular basis to ensure the success of each project.
- Develop multi-platform branded content concepts, strategy, campaigns, and integrations that are innovative, on brand, on budget and on schedule.
- Partner with Client Solutions, Ad Sales, Ad Products and Brand Partnerships teams, in-house producers and other stakeholders to develop and create successful branded content solutions.
- Review and approve day-to-day project creative including scripts, edits, graphics and audio from in-house producers, outside vendors and other creative partners.
- Provide direction and evolve project solutions as necessary. Attend shoots and post sessions as needed to supervise, approve, or guide creative solutions. Lead or participate in any relevant internal and external discussions.
- Work with the Vice President of Branded Content to review and evolve departmental creative and strategy, improve creative workflows and efficiencies, assess vendor performance, and research/recommend new resources as needed.
- Partner with the Director of Branded Content Production on project planning, producer assignments, vendor selection, workflow and communications, and contribute to monthly/quarterly metrics reports as needed.
- Keep department current and competitive regarding creative trends and industry projections.
- Four year college degree in related field.
Minimum 10 years of experience in content creation and multi-platform marketing in a collaborative environment with at least 5 years of experience as the creative lead in linear and non-linear content creation. Production and post-production experience are essential. Must be familiar with the creative demands of a TV network/streaming environment.
- Excellent writing, visual storytelling, and art direction skills are required.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to motivate individuals and teams.
- Must have an understanding of current and emerging social and non-linear platforms and trends.
- Must possess strong budgeting, time management, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team management, organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills needed.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills.
- Must be proficient in industry standard creative and production applications/software.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Mac, PC, and Adobe.
- Some travel required to work on-set or at a vendor location.