Publicis Health Media (PHM) is the strategic media planning and buying agency within PHCG, and the only global media agency solely dedicated to the health and wellness space. Our mission is to define moments along the health journey, and equip people with the tools and communications they need to make healthy decisions.
PHM’s core is made up of franchise and enterprise AOR relationships with some of the largest clients in the world. We also partner with PHCG and Groupe creative agencies to support large client brand assignments in health and wellness. By leveraging a centralized pool of health and wellness cross channel experts, we have the ability to drive business results for our clients worldwide.
Our core capabilities include:
Business Intelligence and Performance
Cross-channel planning and buying
Paid and Organic Search
The Supervisor plans, develops and buys advertising media programs for assigned clients. Manages campaign, begins to build relationships with mid-level clients, leads projects from start to finish, and begins to manage Coordinators. Work directly with clients.
Deep, expert understanding of media buying and planning. Basic knowledge of all other media categories.
- Continuously learning technology
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of cross channel media tools and response forecasting
- Exposure to both online and offline media
- Knows both HCP and DTC media landscape and can speak to either
- Has elevated knowledge set in at least one area or channel to “expert” level
- Sees bigger picture of media (how job relates to total organization), understands broad- based, total function marketing concepts and the media marketplace
- Understanding of advanced computer, technical, and analytical concepts
- Ability to exercise more advanced media skills (e.g., posting, project ratings, etc.)
- Advanced applications of math to media concepts
- In-depth understanding of software related to media disciplines
- Expertise in Microsoft Power Point; Excel and Word as well as media software appropriate for position
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
- Prepares media plans
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget campaigns, and quality assurance of all ad placements. Drives the process. Oversees detail. Develops tactical plans.
- Leads the execution of approved media plans, maintains close relationship with publishers
- Develops objectives & tactics. Owns the agency process
- Lead, manage & prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Assists in developing the scope of work including allocating hours by project
- Strategy: Maintains the integrity of the client’s brand and communication strategies throughout all executions. Contributes strategically to brand positioning and marketing plans. Solid knowledge of clients’ strategic drivers and objectives. Leads development of media recommendations. Partners with internal teams and client to define client’s media strategy (online and offline). Determines most effective media vehicles
- Analysis: Transforms campaign metrics and market research into actionable customer insights, observations, and implications. Identifies target audiences for online advertising (based on data and consumer profiles). Calculates effectiveness and ROI of potential media vehicles. Performs campaign analysis; identifies & resolves issues. Assists in the development of results analyses, which include insights and implications of data. Transforms research data into actionable customer insights, observations and conclusions
- Buying: Develops cross channel request for proposals (RFPs), evaluates proposals, and finalizes buy recommendations. Negotiates best price for media space or time. Involved in core pricing negotiations. Buys negotiated media space, time, placement
- Proactively identifies/resolves/escalates campaign execution issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrates ability to lead internal discussions with regards to media recommendations
- Openly reaches out to leverage learnings with all capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of the role, strengths and weaknesses of a variety of media channels
- Consistently leads internal and external discussions in all media topic areas. Active participant in meetings
- Consistently keeps team “in the loop” on status of projects verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to proactively solve problems and improve processes and efficiencies;
- Ability to run cross-team meetings;
- Ability to build relationships, lead, and communicate across work groups;
- Takes initiative and shows accountability for oneself and teams work.
Managing and Leading Others:
- Creates and fosters team motivation, consistent positive attitude that influences others.
- Accountable for internal training of junior-level team members
- Management of direct report's time and resources;
- Attains competent level of: Ability to train and develop self and others; Delivering quality, actionable feedback; Goal and priority setting; Adaptable/flexible management style; High hiring standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Company’s recruitment and interviewing efforts . Demonstrated commitment to employee development including onboarding of new employees, training, and/or mentoring
- Builds trusting relationships with client counterparts.
- Able to lead clients through media programs and address media related questions
- Leads partner negotiations on behalf of clients
- Day-to-day client resource and can lead the client through multiple programs from start to finish
- Professional, articulate, mature in all aspects of client relationship building
- Communication: Strong public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to write clear, cohesive, client-ready documents. Strong written and verbal interaction with internal teams (marketing, other capabilities, outside vendors).
- Vendor management: Well versed in vendor landscape, ensures core technologies are being evaluated and drives agency POVs.
- Understands clients’ business and goals & how they translate into media strategy
- Establishes planning and buying point-of-contact relationships with key media vendors
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
- Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
- Proven ability to lead people and projects
- Experience with SEO and paid search
- Knowledge of ad serving technologies (Atlas and others)
- Knowledge of media tools (@Plan, AdRelevance, Web R/F)
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years advertising experience, preferably within media; online media experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry a plus
About Publicis Health
Publicis Health is the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications. Publicis Health’s mission is to be the indispensable force for health and wellness business transformation through the alchemy of creativity and technology—for good.
With more than 5,000 employees around the world, Publicis Health manages 17 agency brands through 40 offices located in seven countries. Publicis Health brands include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, in-sync, Langland, Maxcess Managed Markets, PDI, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Publicis Touchpoint Solutions, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, Tardis Medical Consultancy and Verilogue.
Web: www.publicishealth.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/publicishealth | Twitter: www.twitter.com/PublicisHealth/
Not all applicants will be contacted. Publicis Health is an equal opportunity employer.