Group Copy Supervisor
It’s no secret that the industry of healthcare has lived in the status quo for a long time. But the world has moved on—from local to global, from advertising to engagement, from constrained to unlimited.
Now with a seamless offering of consumer to professional, McCann Health NJ promises to deliver the most exceptional experience for our client partners and our own team members.
The Group Copy Supervisor holds a senior-level copy position that involves overall responsibility for the creative work produced by the Copy Supervisors and other personnel assigned to him/her. Along with the Associate Creative Director, they will be responsible for contributing to the performance reviews of those Copy Supervisors and others assigned to him/her. The Group Copy Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to supervise the creative output of the Copy Supervisors and others in their charge.
Group Copy Supervisors are responsible for writing primary sales pieces, secondary “pick-up” pieces, and all other copy for jobs pertaining to the account(s). They must participate in creative team concepting sessions, help reference and highlight copy, and attend all relevant internal product-related and creative meetings. They must attend external client meetings when called upon to do so. They demonstrate leadership in new business and client presentations.
- To master a knowledge of their assigned brand:
- the disease state
- specific brand
- marketing/advertising strategy
- tactical plan
- To translate the above information into overall brand knowledge in order to create effective, impactful copy
- Write creative copy that is strategically on target using The Brand Footprint and Selling Strategy
- To work closely with the art director, copywriter, and copy supervisor to generate original concepts that reflect product positioning
- To develop a variety of concepts for each assignment that display diversity between them -- attacking the creative problem from different points of view yet producing concepts consistent with the footprint and selling strategy
- To understand that concepts, while needing to be “original”, also need to be consistent with the brand
- To understand the objective (client/account team rationale) for the tactical elements that they will be writing
- Be able to discuss and defend these concepts to the brand creative team
- Be a resource for the account team in solving creative problems
- Work with entire internal team to develop effective, impactful copy as tactical elements are developed based on the tactical plan
- Work closely with the art director, copywriter, and copy supervisor to execute concepts with creative flair, accuracy, and clarity
- Update manuscript through all revisions to coincide with latest layout
- Follow copy through agency/client process and review from original concept to finished piece
- To supervise the presentation of, or to present creative concepts to the client
- Personify agency core values: Passion/Innovation/Creativity
- Be organized and pay attention to details
- Utilize time and resources efficiently
- Listen to all sides of issues and work appropriately with others to resolve conflicts
- Set a good example for others to follow
- Accept responsibility for decisions
- Make effective decisions in emergency situations