Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 125 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As the VP of Communications, you’ll have an opportunity to build out the communications team and discipline at Healthline. You’ll be joining a diverse team of 30+ marketers that specialize in social, paid media, SEO, product marketing, and B2B marketing. We’re a collaborative, strategic, and inquisitive team that cares deeply about having a positive impact on the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Healthline is looking for a skilled communications leader with a track-record of success in storytelling, media relations and relationship building to bring our story to the world.
The VP of Communications will lead all internal and external aspects of Healthline's narrative, PR and communication strategy and execution, in alignment with Healthline’’s overarching marketing strategy. You will work closely with the CEO and executive leadership team to craft a cohesive, consumer-facing narrative to differentiate our brand and company and drive its delivery across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups. A seasoned communications leader, you will leverage internal and external resources to drive impact, proactively leveraging a broad set of media touch points to establish and grow Healthline’s role in the public dialogue around consumer health. You will also thoughtfully contribute to the leadership of the Healthline’s brand identity, values, voice and content generation.
- Demonstrated mastery of internal and external communications with a fluency in the most current communications mediums and how these media need to be linked as part of a communications platform to create a differentiated brand.
- You will bring current and relevant depth in digital, social and content-driven communications.
- Ideally in consumer-facing industry sectors, with a focus on digital media and/or consumer internet companies.
- Proven ability to create and utilize strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results; experience working with journalists at key outlets across print, broadcast and online channels.
- Experience building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership.
- Expert writing skills with an ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting, and other corporate communications.
- Experience presenting to executive leaders, board members, media, analysts, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of corporate communications, PR, external and internal communications
- The VP of Communications will lead our holistic communication strategy, inclusive of both internal communication (culture, values, employee brand, etc.) as well as our approach to deliver measurable earned media and PR goals for our brand and product initiatives both for consumers and advertisers. This candidate must collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders across the executive team, marketing, editorial, finance, product, and our people & culture team to ensure high-impact results at scale in the following areas:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic internal and external communications plan to advance Healthline’s brand identity.
- Drive Healthline's brand differentiation, positioning, and storytelling.
- Provide leadership and vision to strategic communications efforts that promote unified and integrated themes and stories about Healthline as well as a coherent visual "look and feel" that helps reinforce a consistent image.
- Serve as communications advisor to Healthline’s CEO and senior leadership.
- Establish and deepen the company’s media and press relationships.
- Ensure all social channels align with overall communications strategy.
- Establish and deepen Healthline’s relationships with co-marketing partners.
- Partner with B2B (advertiser) marketing to develop communications strategies to establish and extend Healthline’'s thought leadership within key product and marketing categories.
- Work closely with product marketing and product owners to identify product stories and content programs that can be used in communications programs and content marketing vehicles.
- Identify and cultivate key influencers who can help tell the Healthline story and drive awareness among key consumer and advertisers.
- Provide advocacy for Healthline’s internal programs, support people initiatives, employee resource groups, and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- In partnership with the People & Culture Team and Healthline Senior leadership, work to build and share our employment brand and talent acquisition story.
- Safeguard Healthline's brand through rapid yet thorough response plans to address complex, potentially heated public issues affecting the company, executives, and board.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You are psyched to take the lead on making Healthline.com, one of the largest and fastest growing health information sites on the planet currently reaching over 100M+ monthly users, a household name.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to build out a communications team & function at Healthline that will have a tremendous impact on the business and making the world stronger and healthier.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits