Head of Baby and Pregnancy
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 125 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a deeply experienced and quantitative digital media executive to serve as an entrepreneurial, cross-functional business leader for our baby and pregnancy business.
The ideal candidate will be both a doer and a thinker: the role requires both strategic vision and hands-on execution and leadership to turn our success in the baby and pregnancy vertical into a market-leading baby and pregnancy business.
- Substantial digital media experience (publishing and/or ad tech) particularly with driving profitable growth. Experience with pregnancy baby preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Successful track-record in cross-functional leadership and / or product marketing (product creation, launch and growth).
- Strong quantitative and business-management skills: a solid track-record of having driven quantifiable business success.
- A high degree of success in prior endeavors is ideal; some experience with failure is equally, if not more valuable.
- You must have impeccable integrity and innate humility paired with self-confidence. You should be a natural collaborator, be ingenious, and empathetic. You should have a standard for excellence which gets continually higher. And like all Healthliners, you should be all-in for joyful, healthful living.
- Create and execute a strategic plan to combine our market-leading assets (1/3 of new moms in our database, nearly 20 million pregnant / new parent visitors per month, etc.) with our solidly profitable $10 million / year baby and pregnancy revenue and build a market-leader in the baby and pregnancy category.
- Lead (and build out) an empowered, focused and successful team to drive this success.
- You’ll help guide the product vision to help millions of people make better health decisions every day.
- This role will have performance compensation tied to EBITDA performance.
THE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- You’re excited about the opportunity to build an industry leading pregnancy baby business.
- You love the idea of leading a team and developing and executing against a strategic plan.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT HEALTHLINE
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline - because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being.
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits.
***OPEN TO THIS ROLE BEING IN SAN FRANCISCO OR NEW YORK OFFICE