Strategist, Paid Search
Strategist, Paid Search
Paid Search Division – New York - Full Time
Elite SEM is currently looking for a tactical, action-oriented Strategist, Paid Search who is ready to lead our Paid Search marketing team to success. As a Strategist, you will execute and support Paid Search campaigns that help define overarching strategy for clients – telling stories with data that are as clear as they are clever. Communication is your jam, campaign and budget management come naturally to you, and you take full accountability for all of your actions. Bonus points for experience with AdGooRoo, Compete, and/or Auction Insights.
We believe that our Strategists are instrumental to our company’s success. If you’re ready to join our cause, reach out today! We’d love to meet you.
- Plan, design, and operate Paid Search campaigns:
- Campaign Launches: keyword & ad text creation/expansion, tracking set-up and the ability to provide instructions & QA tracking for all tools and engines.
- Campaign Management: negative keyword strategy, website & category exclusions, URL audits, keyword/ad text expansion, conflicting negatives, GDN campaigns (contextual, placement, & remarketing).
- Budget Management: manage daily budget tracking process to make sure monthly spending levels are on pace.
- Bid Management: implement bid rule strategy and optimization efforts at campaign, ad group, & keyword levels. Daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/ bid optimizations.
- AB Testing: actively work to test keywords, ad copy, & landing pages, beta and 3rd party vendor tool testing.
- Must be capable of communicating with clients whether through email or via the phone with minimal oversight with to cultivate a strong working relationship.
- Accountability & ownership with limited supervision of Paid Search program, successes, and failures for several client accounts.
- Execute and support Paid Search campaigns, including but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, and management.
- Daily use of reporting, analytics, and trend tools
- Campaign set-up: keyword development, ad copy creation & testing, account set-up and restricting, bid and budget management.
- Responsible for all basic tactical execution and campaign audits
- Effectively prioritizes efforts to focus on delivering on the most important things tracks and reports on campaign results, data analysis and participate in weekly client calls.
- Mentor and effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to junior members on the team.
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Presentation Skills - Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, gains positive attention, changes tactics that aren't working
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations to customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity
- Functional/ technical skills - Strong functional and technical knowledge and skills within paid search
- Creativity - Comes up with new and unique ideas, original, and always adds value to brainstorming
- Peer Relationships - Finds common ground/solves problems for the good of all, solves problems with peers, is a team player, collaborates and supports peers
- 5+ years of related work experience in Paid Search
- Hands on experience in managing monthly campaigns budgets $250k+
- Understanding and implementation of competitive reporting: AdGooRoo, The Search Monitor, Compete, Auction Insights.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Google Adwords (Fundamentals & Advanced) Certifications, additional certifications a plus.
- Experience working in Google Analytics
- Experience with Paid Search platforms like Marin, Kenshoo, DS3 is a plus
About Elite SEM: Elite SEM is an award-winning digital marketing agency. Founded on search, focused on holistic performance-driven digital marketing, Elite expertise spans Paid Search, SEO, Shopping & Feed, Display Advertising, Paid Social, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), and Analytics. Elite brings a unique business model to the market that ties account performance to account managers, and rewards our teams for continuous performance and satisfied clients with a share of company profits. Elite SEM survives and thrives by the mantra “Great Lives for Great People” – this includes employees, clients, partners, vendors, fans and everyone that crosses our paths. Our core values – Love What You Do, Circle of Education, Attitude of Gratitude, and Strive for Greatness – help foster this goal each and every day.
Disclaimer: This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Elite SEM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Working Conditions: Working indoors, sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, lifting no more than 10 pounds.