InvestmentNews is looking for a technology reporter to join our award-winning team. The reporter will cover technology and technology services used by brokers, investment representatives and registered investment advisers. The reporter will produce daily content for investmentnews.com and our weekly print magazine,InvestmentNews. The right candidate should be adept at breaking news and producing instructional content that helps readers better utilize technology to serve clients and run their practices more efficiently.
This is a high-profile, high-stakes beat for InvestmentNews, which strives to keep readers ahead of the news and well-informed of trends affecting the financial advice profession. The right candidate should be eager to develop subject-matter expertise and, as a result, be comfortable with public speaking and media appearances.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or similar field
- 5+ years professional experience in business reporting
- Experience covering financial services technology
- Ability to write clearly and concisely about complex topics
- Experience developing sources, breaking news and writing features
- Ability to produce clean copy and do basic editing.
- Must be familiar with current social-media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others
- Should be comfortable with using web-based content-management systems for publishing stories to the web
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Online / digital examples or portfolio of work which includes business reporting pieces
- Scoop-obsessed and has a collaborative mind-set
- Background covering the financial advice profession
- An established social-media presence
- Comfortable being on stage, moderating roundtables or in front of a camera
InvestmentNews is the leading information source for financial advisers. Our mission is to provide the financial advisory community with the highest quality news, analysis and industry intelligence — whenever, however and wherever they need it.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit-sharing and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization — a profitable, well-established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Crain Communications Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. EOE/Vet/Disability
Please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law Poster provided by OFCCP here.