- Kent Precision Foods Group
Kent Precision Foods Group is a subsidiary of Kent Corporation, a diversified family-owned corporation with subsidiary companies developing science and nutrition-based finished food products, food and beverage ingredients, pharmaceutical and personal care applications, animal nutrition and companion animal products.
The primary purpose of the Associate Brand Manager (ABM) position is to help deliver strong business performance by accelerating our growth and share in retail channels. This is a new role within the Kent Precision Foods Group and the right individual will help us shape the business units strategy, help make informed choices and accelerate our strong growth. The ABM works with the Brand Manager and cross functional teams to identify, plan and execute projects and priorities with excellence. The ABM is a leader and often serves as the business lead internally and as the primary point of contact with outside agencies and partners.
This position requires strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to synthesize data into action. The ABM will participate in and assist with primary research projects and will utilize syndicated POS and consumer research data to assess business performance and identify opportunities for growth. This role will also assist in the budget, planning and forecasting process.
As a leader of internal and external teams the ABM must be an excellent communicator and leader of people with the ability to champion brand plans, priorities and strategies effectively.
The ABM will work specifically on our Consumer Packaging Good business with responsibility to help lead Product Innovation, Pricing, Promotion Planning, Advertising and Distribution initiatives.
Indirect supervision of projects and work related to Marketing Coordinator role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for helping to deliver the annual budget and business plan.
- Responsible for helping to shape and execute the marketing plan.
- Assist in the development and launch of near-in and long-range innovation and the development of our innovation strategies.
- Primary lead for marketing analytics including competitive tracking and POS (IRI/Nielsen) data analysis.
- Develop, track and report on KPI's.
- Make fact based decisions and recommendations.
- Assist in the development of retailer selling stories.
- Assist in the development and execution of shopper marketing efforts.
- Participate in and help lead brand, product and category research.
- Assist in the development of compelling advertising and promotional initiatives to profitably increase consumption and content to drive sales within budgeted parameters.
- Coordinates product management and/or cost reduction projects with internal and external resources to achieve results (product development, production planning, trade promotion, sales, market research, consultants and advertising agencies).
- Assist in developing distribution priorities and plans. Work with and interface with sales and other cross functional teams to extend the availability of our brands.
- Lead content testing and optimization with agency partners within budgeted parameters.
- Demonstrate a passion for consumer packaged goods and brand management.
- Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Creativity, Directing Others, Drive for Results, Project Management and Analytical
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Products
- 3+years related work experience
- Understanding of Syndicated or Custom Point of Sale Systems (Examples: IRI, Nielsen).
- 1-3 Years' experience in a marketing, advertising or product management function
- 10-15% Travel