We are passionate about the quality of our work, our environment and continuing to foster an entrepreneurial culture among everyone on our team. We encourage you to think big, to innovate and to help us craft a company that is best-in-class among our peers.
Job Summary - Media buying strategist proficient in media measurements and focused on exceeding the client's goals
Responsible for the purchase, execution and delivery of approved media plans in the areas of traditional media (TV, Cable, Print, Outdoor, Radio, etc.). Assists in establishing appropriate media strategies and budgets for clients. Must have a working and proficient understanding of media measurements and how to creatively apply them in the Companys objective of exceeding the clients goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in media buying/planning strategy meetings
- Assist in research for media planning, including: calling publications and other media to obtain information, requesting and reviewing media kits, meeting with media representatives one-on-one, obtaining industry-specific information from trade associations.
- Work with planning team in areas of market conditions and rate expectations.
- Negotiate in good faith on behalf of True Media and our clients. Negotiate best possible rates, requests added value and promotional opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains goodwill and strong working relationships with media supplier base. Represents True Media and their clients in positive and professional manner.
- Issues insertion orders for all media buys approved by client
- Keep track of all sent orders/revisions/cancellations. This consists of calling sales reps to ensure paperwork was received and returned with a signed copy.
- Establish deadlines for materials needed and reports to client/internal team/ creative agency and traffic department. Make timely placement of all media buys according to schedule.
Benefits and Perks
Paid Time Off - Flex Time - Paid Holidays off
401(k), True Media matches up to 3% of your semi-monthly payroll contribution. Additionally, accrued unused PTO and a portion of profit sharing will be paid as an employer contribution each year.
Profit Sharing, as a direct benefit of the companys profitability, employees are shared a portion of the profits annually.
Corporate Wellness, chair massages are available to each employee once per month.
Corporate Updates and lunch, offices gather once a month for a corporate update followed by a large catered lunch. Offices are regularly stocked with BodyArmor, Coffee, and Coke products for the free enjoyment of employees.
Sponsored Events, True Medias strong relationships often means sponsored lunches, gifts, or tickets to local events or programs.
Service Awards, employees are given company gifts when they reach their 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years working with True Media.
#TrueEngagement, Our employees created an engagement model to Transform, Reward, Unite and Energize our colleagues.
Major Medical Insurance, two plan options available. True Media pays 75% of the employee only premium cost. Dental and Vision Insurance;True Media pays 50% of the employee only premium cost for dental.
Short Term and Long Term Disability, True Media pays 100% of the premium costs.
Life and ADD Insurance Coverage, total premium paid by True Media, no cost to employee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent non-adversarial negotiation, placement, trafficking and post buy analysis skills.
- Demonstrate experience with LPM, PPM and metered market analysis and management.
- Nielson, Arbitron, SQAD and other media software experience.
- One to five years experience in Media Buying or related agency experience
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, degree or concentration in advertising, marketing or communications preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.