VP, Creative Services - Well+Good
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for a Vice President of Creative Services to create and lead a new department that consists of integrated + brand marketing, branded content, branded video, experiential and design teams, from our New York City office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a VP, Creative Services grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Vice President & General Manager
Typical days as a VP, Creative Services might include:
- Create and lead a new department that consists of integrated + brand marketing, branded content, branded video, experiential and design teams.
- Lead the department in being responsible for ideating and executing all custom partner programs across the Leaf Group portfolio.
- As a creative storyteller you will oversee big campaign ideation and mentors others to do the same
- As a process orientated manager you will manage a large team, and put the processes and systems in place to support further growth and efficiencies
- As a strategic thinker you will evaluate and introduce new offerings (and remove ones that aren’t performing) to the portfolio
You’ll be successful if you have a passion for storytelling and the intersection between commercial and editorial. You are a team player who works well with others and facilitates a calm and collaborative working environment, if you value process and mentors others to do the same, and you are Innovative and a creative problem-solver.
What You Have:
- Deep experience in ideating and executing innovative, integrated campaigns for partners across custom content, social, experiential, etc. (experience with data is a plus!)
- Architected $1m+ sold campaigns for brand partners
- Experience leading teams over 15 people
- Built and enforced efficient processes for pre- and post-sale at scale
- Experience building an organization to support multi-brand selling
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high-quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.