The Port Authority is looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to join our Marketing team. The selected candidate will play a critical role in our mission to develop a new kind of relationship between the Port Authority’s key business areas and the customers they serve, through authentic engagement and dynamic storytelling across various social channels, informed by data-driven insights. The Senior Social Media Strategist will oversee the social media strategy and creative vision, developing, executing and measuring plans to help transform how the Port Authority serves and engages with millions of customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the social media presence (organic and paid) of all brands
- Lead initiative/campaign planning, development, execution and evaluation
- Implement best-in-class listening, tracking and targeted sentiment analysis across channels to identify factors that are driving the customer conversation in areas of strategic importance
- Identify key insights from research and data that will inform strategy, content and campaign planning
- Develop creative campaign briefs, ensure that messaging and solutions are strategically sound, meet objectives, and follow social best practices
- Provide performance reporting and analysis
- Manage two social media specialists
- Collaborate and establish trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, from senior leadership to customer service specialists
- Share successes, learnings and social media trends with the broader marketing team to drive innovation
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leveraging social media to solve brand and business challenges.
- Must demonstrate a broad familiarity with social media best practices.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- A passion for public transportation and infrastructure
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- The ability to translate data into insights into action
- Fluency in social listening and measurement tools and developing actionable dashboards (expertise in Social Studio, formerly Radian6, a plus)
- Understanding of graphic design services and video production
- Comfortable working with a broad range of cross functional staff: junior to senior, creatives to media, operations to analytics, etc.
- Versatility – the ability to shift gears seamlessly in an environment where priorities can change on a dime and responsiveness is currency
- High standards and a commitment to excellence—the ability to work fast and collaboratively, anticipate issues and communicate effectively
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can view the full job description and apply online by visiting our careers website at: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com. Click on “View all Jobs” – Find the job title or Job ID 33209 in the list of posted jobs, and submit your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.