Karna has an immediate opening for a Director of Sales and Marketing in support of its emerging Population Health Management Division. The qualified applicant will focus on the areas of marketing and selling existing services to a new set of commercial clients - specifically insurance companies and managed care organizations. The successful candidate will be supported by corporate operations (accounting, human resources, and information technology) as well as population health subject matter experts and a marketing resource. Over time this role would lead a group of marketing and sales staff as growth demands.
- Create and execute an initial and annual marketing plan for the Division.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of marketing materials in electronic and print form on Karna's website and social media accounts.
- Lead marketing campaigns to identify potential clients.
- Plan for Karna's presence at relevant trade shows and other industry events.
- Achieve Division business growth goals through leadership of business capture and related proposal activities.
- Build and manage a sales pipeline.
- Personally perform sales activities including contacting potential-client decision-makers and communicating Karna services and value proposition.
- Negotiate rates, work scope, and related contract language.
- Oversee other sales and marketing staff as the Division grows.
- BA/BS required - preferably in a scientific, health, or technology field.
- Minimum of 10 years overall experience to include:
- Substantial hands-on sales experience and sales leadership.
- Direct Supervisory responsibility over lower-level sales and marketing staff.
- Experience building and managing a sales pipeline including contract negotiations.
- Ability to present to executive-level decision-makers in health organizations.
- Customer account management and business development experience.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous Healthcare and/or Public Health experience a plus.