- Ad Council
- New York, NY
- $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 Yearly Salary
The Salesforce Database Manager ensures the accuracy and usability of the Ad Council's two Salesforce databases, effectively powering all marketing, sales, event, and fundraising activity on behalf of our 40 social good campaigns. This position has three primary functions: provide dependable prospecting and customer data, increase internal user adoption, and integrate data siloes.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a great sense of humor, delights in figuring out the tricky stuff, and loves collaborating with different teams. If you are part problem solver and part teacher, then this position is right for you.
Core Job Responsibilities:
This action packed role involves testing new functionality, listening to user feedback, troubleshooting bugs and offering solutions, and collaborating with internal stakeholders to launch the next big event or marketing push to the right people at the right time.
Proactively alerting the team to potential missed opportunities in reaching a key prospect or donor, this person will also be responsible for creating and launching a formal onboarding and Salesforce training program, increasing user adoption company-wide. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee relationships with Salesforce and Ad Council's data partner platforms and services
- Evaluate new data providers and services for event management
- Manage contract renewals and pricing negotiations
- Set and maintain project scope to achieve business goals
- Discuss product releases and beta test new features
- Develop case studies
- Primary liaison between Media, Financial Development, Event Management, Marketing, and IT teams
- Troubleshoot issues with support and IT
- Oversee data sourcing and optimization
- Manage data governance
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Ensure accuracy in monthly feed uploads via Sandbox testing
- Pull reports and lists to support team and individual needs
- Ensure 3rd party integrations function smoothly
- Contribute to data integration discussions
- Sleuth out where excel and Outlook are being used to track user data (and why) and help to integrate that data into Salesforce
- Create or customize fields, page layouts, custom objects, object relations, workflows, triggers, validation rules, and apps when requested to create best practices in finding and understanding the data in Salesforce
- Seek out and attend Salesforce and data management classes, webinars, and conferences
- Read quarterly Salesforce product release notes
- Stay looped into Salesforce Community blog
- Understand what requires native vs. custom functionality
- Translate product knowledge to meet business needs
- Transition the organization from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
- Participate in New York User Groups and represent Ad Council at Dreamforce
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
- Salesforce certification desired, but not required
- 2+ years database experience
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to translate business and technical needs and interact with staff at all levels
- Terrific business acumen
- Detail-oriented, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker
- Proficient in Excel, particularly with advanced features like vlookup and pivot tables
- Prior experience with event management and project management platforms, a plus