BlueWave is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We are a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on increasing our solar loan footprint, refining our Solar Management Platform software, developing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our companys dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people that is looking for the right team members to help us reach our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team with integrity, doing all that it can to be transparent and sustainable. We dont just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a User Experience (UX) Designer, reporting to the Managing Director of Product. This individual will be responsible for working closely with our Product Development and Marketing teams to support development of our best-in-class community solar and lending platforms. We are looking for the User Experience Designer to help create intuitive user experiences for our customers, partners, clients, and internal users.
We Seek a UX designer with demonstrated success in executing on a vision for seamless and delightful experiences in a competitive business environment.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design delightful user offerings, and work with our product and marketing teams to bring these to market, then continually optimize them once deployed;
- Owns the creation of consistent brand experiences across platforms;
- Focused on BlueWaves core products but able to add value to general marketing design challenges and prototype creation;
- Design and implement a feedback loop to identify user challenges and sticking points;
- Identify and translate user needs and business requirements into simple, elegant solutions on an iterative basis;
- Design information architectures, workflows, and interfaces that are easy to use;
- Communicate and test designs and updates using mockups, prototypes, and A/B testing to make design decisions based on data;
- Collaborate with product team to oversee the user experience of a product or feature from concept through launch and beyond;
- Define user experience goals and metrics;
- Establish UX design role in product development cycle and integrate new design and review processes and tools into the existing development framework;
- Attend and actively participate in daily stand-up, planning, and sprint retrospective meetings;
- Perform design review and provide feedback to development team during the development process.
- Bachelors degree in design with web, user interaction, and visual design, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in user interaction design for web-based products and services
- Self-directed and adept at designing internal processes as well as UX
- Expertise in prototyping tools, HTML/CSS and/or programming languages
- Strong portfolio demonstrating work in web, interaction, visual design, and user experience
- Proven track record of delivering complex design projects on time with superior quality
- Passion for understanding users and being their advocate
- Strong and clean visual design sense, and attention to detail
- Easily approachable, tech savvy, professional, and a strong sense of business ethics
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills