Information Technology ? Irvine, California
Position at loanDepot
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello?, the Greek word for "future," was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello? is just the beginning? loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot - We are America's Lender.
loanDepot's marketing department is looking for a Senior UI Developer/Designer Rock Star - Someone who is enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and works hard to make the online user experience better. The User Experience Specialist will develop a deep understanding of our online users and help define the tasks, flow and interactions that are best for the user. This team member will collaborate with marketing, communications, product development and IT to discover the blend of requirements and design that meets the needs of the online user and balances the requirements of the business.
This position will work closely with the Marketing & Creative Director to help bring digital strategies to life through thoughtful, compelling design.
We are looking for an organized individual who is comfortable working with different and sometimes short timelines. The candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for pushing the envelope with design while still adhering to brand guidelines, as well as a proven ability to create visually appealing assets in the online space.
- Using web content management system to edit/create pages, upload photos, and assist other departments with adding/editing content in the CMS (Site Core)
- Create wireframes and mockups, then translate approved prototypes into compelling and effective high-fidelity designs and prototypes and comp designs when needed
- Design and develop html email templates using best practices that are optimized across all email providers (outlook, mac mail, gmail, yahoo, etc.)
- Managing workload to execute web-related projects on time
- A Maintain clear file organization and output, ensuring code is written following modern best practices.
- Staying up to date on trends in the digital spaces and making recommendations for design the ideal candidate will have a clean eye for design and know-how to code digital assets such as homepages features and responsive emails.
- Passion for user-centered design.
- Understand web design requirements and web best practices, such as breakpoints, grid layouts, modern frameworks, flow patterns, load time limitations, responsive design, email limitations, accessibility, etc.
- Solid understanding of typography, layout and general design principles.
- Knowledge of web standards and cross-browser compatibility.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, invision).
Be a conceptual thinker and detailed designer.
- Be able to work in conjunction with other developers to achieve cohesive solutions and accessibility across different platforms, devices, and situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in design and coding required
- Knowledge of email templates and responsive design for the web is required
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with APIs a plus!
- Experience working with react and angular 5 a plus!
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Coordinate with several internal departments and outside agencies
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.