- Jordan’s Furniture
- Taunton, MA
Organized, Detail Oriented, Multi-tasker, Strong Negotiator; works as well under pressure; these are some of the qualities we are looking for in our newest member of our Marketing department. Here is an opportunity to join a proud Berkshire Hathaway company that is well-known in the industry for its creative advertising and employee-focused culture. As our Media Buyer, you will be responsible for the development, management and execution of all media activities for the company. This job is located at our corporate offices: 450 Revolutionary Drive, East Taunton, MA.
Jordan’s Furniture is not your average employer. Our philosophy: make it fun! We have revolutionized the furniture shopping experience by providing “shoppertainment,” with stores that have IMAX theaters, restaurants, ice cream shops, ropes courses, and much more! Our recipe for success for the past 100 years has been simple and sincere- - treat our employees like family and they will treat our guests the same. It is no surprise that our average employee tenure is over 10 years!
- Plans, places, monitors and posts all media for the company, including, but not limited to, broadcast (TV, cable, radio), print, magazine, out of home
- Recommends appropriate media strategy for promotional and institutional campaigns
- Evaluates all added value media offers and makes recommendations
- Interviews, hires, trains, manages, evaluates, and disciplines media employees. Plans, assigns, and directs work
- Communicates approved plans and timing with management, merchandising, operations, etc.
- Conveys corporate strategy to all media and aids in the development of unique promotional opportunities that help company break through media clutter
- Forecasts media expenses in advance for planning purposes
- Works closely with VP on strategy and execution
- Executes and maintains approved media plans
- Approves and processes all media-related expenses
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English
- Any other function or responsibility as assigned by the Supervisor
- College degree required in Business Management, Advertising, Marketing or Media.
- 4-7 years professional experience in media buying/negotiating
- Previous supervisory experience or ability to lead others
- Excellent communication skills
- Agency or in-house retail-focused experience in media buying in the BOS/PVD/NH Market
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with media all research sources (Nielsen/Arbitron, SRDS, SQUAD, etc)
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all media channels and is the ‘content expert’
- Advanced understanding and hands on experience with Strata (media buying software)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional planning, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Hands on, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
Happy, healthy employees are our goal, and our benefits help J-Team members balance physical, financial, professional, social and emotional well-being. Visit our benefits page for details.
Jordan's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employe