New Business Development Manager
New Business Development Manager - Melville, New York location
The New Business Development Manager works to develop new AOR business for imediagroup and achieve financial growth. The primary role of the New Business Development Manager is acquiring new business for imediagroup, a full service advertising and media agency. Prospecting for new client advertisers at high levels by relationships, networking, cold calling or other professional means of generating interest from potential clients is key. The BDM is responsible for meeting revenue goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals. Business Development Managers work in a senior sales position within imediagroup. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
This role is ideal for an ambitious, energetic sales person with media sales, media and/or ad agency experience behind them and a network of existing client contacts. The BDM’s experience should include advertising media agency account new business acquisitions, integrated cross platform media sales, digital media sales, magazine print sales also including knowledge of TV and Radio broadcast and OOH.
This role requires a confident, eloquent, intelligent, personable individual with a history of success and a network of high level client contacts. The ability to develop an initial rapport with people and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients is crucial. An excellent work ethic is a must.
The successful candidate will be balancing multiple projects, multiple targets and multiple deadlines, they must be organized and have excellent time-management skills. Strong account management skills are essential within these roles with a strong emphasis in adopting a consultative sales approach.
imediagroup’s culture is a high energy, creative and team work environment with core values of quality, innovation, honesty, ethical integrity, customer service and loyalty and respect for colleagues and customers.
The BDM must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with imediagroup. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and reach targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the client relationships. The Business Development Manager works well with the imediagroup team including with senior level management, media, marketing, and support staff. Closing sales and delivering on plan numbers for imediagroup is the primary objective for this position. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the advertising media market, a network of client contacts and knowledge of the solutions/services that imediagroup can provide.
New Business Development Manager daily performance can be summarized as follows:
- Securing meetings with advertising client decision makers
- Presenting imediagroup's capabilities, and services while securing follow up proposals and RFP’s.
- Closing a volume of sales contracts to meet or exceed performance goals
- Work with marketing and support staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal client debriefs.
- Identify opportunities for media campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with all forms of media including digital, print, broadcast and OOH and integrated media platforms.
- Secure high level CEO/CMO new business meetings with AOR prospects.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Media Sales – Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of media/advertising sales experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of stable consultative advertising agency or media services sales experience presenting to C-level executives and key decision makers and superior presentation skills.
- This individual must be dedicated and self-motivated and must be able to work closely within a high performing team, and also take the initiative and ownership of their own work.
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Strong Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Telephone and Communications, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, EQ and Team Player, Time and Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.