The Brand Communications Manager primary responsibility is to establish an internal communications hub to ensure the CVB’s initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to departments and stakeholders. The Brand Communications Manager directs the preparation and creation of external and internal marketing materials including the Board Report, the City Reports, and the Annual Report. The Brand Communications Manager possesses a positive, upbeat attitude and role in the organization. Promotes and exemplifies CVB values.
Email resume and cover letter to HR@gpscvb.com
For more information about the CVB visit www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/about/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborating with all departments to create and produce effective presentations and communications tools
- Ensure internal and external communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for all departments
- Produce and deliver presentations for CVB events, such as city meetings, Oasis Awards, Partnership events and Board Meetings.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal and external communications mediums, such as newsletters, email bulletins, reports and research
- Draft scripts for executives for presentations
- Overseeing market data is applied effectively in presentations and reports
- Obtaining necessary consent and providing final approval on all marketing collateral, products and promotions with all departments
- Developing schedules and maintaining deadlines with Executives regarding city presentations, board meetings and reports.
- Providing input with projects relating to website updates, social media and email automation
- Manage copywriters and in-house graphic designer and project deadlines.
- Responsible in final proofing of copy, including, ads, presentation, digital media and social as needed
- Manage all Visitor Guides (annual and Summer), including content management, copy, proofing and meetings/ collaboration with Palm Springs Life
- Support teams and depts with appropriate feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Assist in the communication response to crisis situations which affect the CVB’s perception and reputation
Perform other duties as assigned. Employee must be flexible to changing policies and procedures, as well as varying deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum of 5 years in Communications or related field.
- Experience working with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Minimum of 5 years staff supervisory experience.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- In-depth understanding of the CVB’s Destination Development Plan, and both short-term and long-term CVB goals and priorities
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent public speaking ability
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent professional judgment and discretion
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent proficiency in project management processes, workflow and terminology
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management