The Director of Partnership Development is responsible for overall Partner investment in CVB marketing programs, co-ops and events. Engage with destination Partners to further regional collaboration and support the CVB’s Destination Development Plan (DDP). The Director looks for innovative partner programs and initiatives to drive the DDP forward. The Director is responsible for developing sponsorships for CVB programs and initiatives and selling co-op advertising. The Director of Partnership Development is also responsible for the Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program, Restaurant Week, and the management of other destination development programs, events or initiatives.
Email cover letter and resume to HR@gpscvb.com
For more information about the CVB, visit www.visitgreaterpalmsprings.com/about/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop critical destination marketing and branding opportunities to drive the goals of the Destination Development Plan.
- Directs the Partnership Department, including creating and managing annual budgets, managing the Partnership team, and reporting relevant to department operations. Track metrics and success criteria for programs and activities.
- Directs the vision for the CTA program. Manages budgets and goals; responsible for CTA program reporting, sponsorships and overall direction of the program.
- Grow Dine GPS and Restaurant week to promote GPS cuisine.
- Identifies and develops new sponsorship opportunities for the CVB’s programs and initiatives. Negotiates and secures co-op marketing Partners for CVB Co-Op programs.
- Regularly meets with key partners, local government, and businesses from the hospitality/tourism industry to build strong relationships with the CVB and report ROI on investments.
- Makes recommendations for initiatives and programs that will engage Partners in supporting the destination development plan.
- Continually reviews and analyzes the CVB partner benefit offerings, Co-Op opportunities, and sponsorships and works to keep them current, relevant and valuable.
- Attends community, business organization, and key Partner meetings and events as a representative of the CVB
- Responsible for identifying key community events to sponsor/support and for securing CVB or Partner attendance at those events.
- Negotiates event and other program sponsorships.
- Directs the content and timing of Partner communications, through In The Loop, Partner billing, invitations to events, and other marketing or co-op related communications.
- Serves as a CVB brand ambassador, exhibits a high level of customer service when working with partners, media and CVB staff.
Perform related duties as assigned. Employee must be flexible to changing policies and procedures as well as varying deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Experience working with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Minimum of 5 years staff supervisory experience.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- In-depth understanding of the CVB’s Destination Development Plan, and both short-term and long-term CVB goals and priorities
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, colleagues and the general public.
- Excellent public speaking ability
- Strong writing skills. Able to create business reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals/memorandums.
- Strong interpersonal skills & professional relationship builder
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent professional judgment and discretion
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent proficiency in project management processes, workflow and terminology
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management