Talent Relations and Partnerships Assistant
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption, and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing programs, and creating events to raise awareness and education around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies like Facebook/Instagram, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Amazon, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has effected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
The Ad Council, the country's leading producer of public service communications campaigns, is seeking a candidate with communications, talent relations, public relations and social media skills to assist and work on our Talent Relations and Partnerships team.
This position will be responsible in assisting the Talent Relations and Partnerships Manager in developing and executing the Creators for Good program, the Ad Council's talent engagement program. Creators for Good empowers influencers and digital creators, celebrities, musicians and athletes to develop content on their platforms that raises awareness and creates impact on behalf of causes that they care about as an extension of our more than 40 national social good campaigns. Through their partnership with the Ad Council, talent develops authentic and personal content across their platforms and serves as ambassadors for many of the most important social issues facing our country. In their own voice, style, and platform, Creators for Good talent are making a meaningful difference on issues such as Suicide Prevention, Bullying Prevention, Breast Cancer Risk Education, Meals on Wheels Volunteer Recruitment and Job Training and Employment at Goodwill, to name just a few.
This role would also include assisting the Talent Relations and Partnerships Manager in developing and implementing holistic strategic programs with talent on behalf of our campaigns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contributing to talent strategy brainstorming sessions and helping develop strategic plans and customized proposals.
- Drafting talent lists, pitches, social media messaging and press materials.
- Assisting with day-to-day activities such as researching potential talent, talent vetting and business development research/outreach.
- Researching thought leadership opportunities.
- Tracking talent posts and activities.
- Monitoring Ad Council, campaign, issue and industry news coverage and content performance.
- Preparing coverage reports of talent partnership activities.
- 1-2 years of experience working in public relations/social media/influencer marketing.
- Social Media savvy – platforms beyond Facebook and Twitter
- Previous experience in talent relations either at an agency, nonprofit or management company
- Interest in talent relations and digital talent is a plus
- Excellent writer – can adjust copy to various mediums/audiences
- Extraordinary verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Team Player who works well with others
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676
or US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017