Director, Digital Creative - West Elm
- West Elm
- Brooklyn, NY
The Director of Digital Creative is responsible for managing and creatively overseeing the digital creative team at west elm. This team produces the marketing assets across all digital mediums for the west elm brand. Creation of these marketing assets also encompasses the translation of seasonal stories to the digital realm, development of marketing cadences within these seasons, and ability to concept site strategic projects around seasonal product ideas. The ideal candidate is a people person that enjoys managing a large team with the ability to keep the team focused and happy. You'll need a strong understanding of digital design and the ability to lead a team to beautiful, innovative concepts. To be successful here you'll also need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in the fast paced, reactive environment. The Director of Digital Creative must have strong creative vision and be comfortable working at a granular level when necessary in order to manage the day to day changes of a dynamic retail business.
* Lead design and concept all digital creative by overseeing, direct, and approve the digital design teams daily deliverables. This requires an active partnership with our project management team to understand individual team members bandwidth and skillset to successfully complete each project.
* Lead and coach the team on larger picture projects such as seasonal site strategies, seasonal look and feel, and seasonal marketing cadences.
* Attend and translate the weekly business meetings to filter all correct information as necessary. The meeting cadence will include a review of sales, forecast, and changes to brand initiatives. You need the ability to take this info and feed it back in to the design team to come up with well designed solutions for the company.
* Partner with cross-brand leads & marketing to concept seasonal campaign strategies, focused on the digital medium
* Oversee execution of site strategies and campaign execution
* Partner on concepting of digital image strategy for seasonal campaigns & evergreen site experiences
* Identify emerging trends and opportunities in the industry and apply to west elms digital strategy
* Help build new process and touch-points with merchant, creative and marketing teams to enable greater cross channel efficiencies and brand alignment
* Identify the talent necessary to achieve the brand goals by developing current team members and identifying opportunities for team growth and succession planning
* Ensure consistency of brand standards across all Global markets as it relates to WE email strategy, concepts and layouts
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 6-8 years of design experience centered on e-commerce;
* experience leading and providing art direction to a large team of designers
* strong portfolio of real-world work that showcases retail-focused design thinking
* Strong understanding of digital design best practices for marketing
* Knowledge of UX best practices and modern UIs
* Regular user of Adobe CS/CC and relevant digital design tools -- and the ability to teach these skills to the team
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.