The Assistant Manager of Events works closely with the VP of Events to manage, plan and implement all organization internal and external special occasions and events. The role is integral in helping to orchestrate the organization's two annual fundraisers including the Ad Council's Annual Public Service Award Dinner with more than 1500 attendees, as well as industry conferences and staff engagement opportunities.
Your job as an Assistant Manager of Events is to help support the events team and keep all the moving pieces running smoothly in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a stellar project manager with strong verbal and written communication skills, an attention for detail when it comes to database management, budgets and accounting, has an appetite for learning about the latest trends in events, and is passionate about social change.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with coordination and details for all internal and external events, including two annual fundraising events, industry conferences, staff engagements events.
The role will assist the event team with the following:
- Financial Support: Prepare and manage event budgets and payments, submit vendor invoices and contracts
- Donor Research: Help identify new donors and provide background on prospects list
- Staff Engagement Events: Assist with the preparation for pop up parties, monthly mash ups and other internal events including food/beverage, program, themes and décor
- Meeting prep assistance: Assist with Committee meetings and events, managing RSVPs, and event décor and set up.
- Email Marketing: Work closely with marketing services on mail merges and customized emails
- Data management: Manage and drive implementation of contact and status lists through Ad Council Salesforce account, responsible for all events donor acknowledgement letters
- Coordinate staff volunteer committees: Lead Ad Council Good Times Committee and event staffing roles
- Administrative support: Schedule external and internal meetings, coordinate and book travel, prepare and process all T&E reports
- 2+ years of experience providing administrative support to executives
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (able to build/format decks) and Outlook
- Accounting experience a plus
- Experience with Salesforce highly desired
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Must be expremently detail-oriented and resourceful
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work cooperatively with team and cross-departmentally
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor and team spirit are a must
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed: Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.