Director of Public Relations
MassMedia is looking for an individual to lead and manage public relations and strategic communications for the agency and its clients. The ideal candidate will join MassMedia’s growing Public Relations department as a Public Relations Director. This individual will work alongside a collaborative team of branding and media relations experts, content and social media strategists, media buyers and designers. The Director will drive strategic planning and lead the team to establish and nurture relationships with key media and stakeholders.
Individuals must be strategic, detail-oriented, and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple accounts, oversee and mentor a team, and help grow the business. Candidates should also have strong presentation skills and be able to build and foster long-term relationships.
- Oversee all public relations and social media activity for group of accounts
- Provide ongoing strategic direction for public relations and social media related efforts including planning, measurement and evaluation.
- Work alongside account directors to formulate and monitor comprehensive long- and short-term communication plans
- Build client relationships and trust with clients’ personnel, including senior management
- Build and present annual PR/communication plans; responsible for development and implementation of plans
- Lead agency-client meetings and routine status calls as they relate to PR efforts
- Serve as a liaison between the PR team and the account and creative functions of the agency, ensuring and driving an integrated approach
- Provide regular PR reports and analysis to clients including objectives, status, and results/measurement and refine as needed
- Provide oversight and estimates related to work authorizations required for public relations efforts
- Manage the allocation of PR resources inside and outside the account group
- Oversee and mentor junior staff; manage department processes and procedures
- Assist other PR team members and client workloads as needed
- 8-10 years of experience in a public relations capacity; managing people and work teams
- Experience in an agency environment
- Degree in journalism or communications, preferably with public relations or related emphasis
- Experience with strategic PR planning, measurement/evaluation, and analysis
- Existing media relationships, or strong track record of cultivating and maintaining media relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and efforts
- Strong communication skills, including written communication, combined with business acumen
- Strong problem solving, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to engage and maintain relationships with client contacts
- Aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in social media, content marketing preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to be considered for the position.