Email Marketing Specialist
Sonos is looking for a dynamic email marketing specialist to support our company focus of delivering the ultimate home listening experience. The successful candidate will rely upon their deep knowledge of best practices, CRM, and our company brand pillars to create engaging and relevant campaigns for a myriad of audiences.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Build and execute impactful email programs for our owner and prospect bases
- Build segments based on our data (SQL)
- Own the email proofing process, working with various regions for localization
- Oversee the quality assurance process to ensure information is accurate, designs render properly in various email clients on desktop and mobile, links work correctly and are set up properly for tracking
- Maintain the email calendar
- Conduct market-level email performance analyses to inform future optimization and testing strategies
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure every email represents the Sonos brand intelligently and effectively
- Process documentation
- Develop HTML code for dynamic/reusable email templates meeting industry standards
- Streamline current email process
Skills You’ll Need
- 4+ years of relevant digital marketing work experience with a focus on customer-centric programs
- Ability to build/troubleshoot HTML/CSS is required
- Ability to code/build of SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and AMPscript (an Exact Target proprietary scripting language)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and to meet deadlines, able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with established objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- Expertise with methods for measuring and quantifying email performance
- Experience with global initiatives preferred
More About Our Band
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.