Assistant Media Manager, Partnerships
The Assistant Media Manager, Partnerships, is an integral part of the Media Outreach team assisting with ideating, evaluating and executing strategic media partnerships on behalf of our 40+ social impact campaigns.
The Ad Council Media Team is responsible for conducting outreach to more than 200 U.S. media companies, across all platforms, promoting our 40+ national public service campaigns and securing $1B in donated media support annually.
In addition to placing our public service ad (PSA) campaigns, the team creates custom partnerships with media companies on behalf of our social causes. Partnerships are an essential part of our evolving media model, because in addition to donated media, partnerships generate earned, shared, and owned media.
The Assistant Media Manager will serve as the VP, Media – Partnerships right hand and work collaboratively across departments to develop a framework for executing successful campaign partnerships and help determine organizational best practices.
This fast-paced position is perfect for someone who is comfortable managing multiple priorities and personalities, has strong organizational instincts, written and oral communication skills, is a great project manager, and has an appetite for learning the latest in media trends.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the VP – Media, Partnerships, you'll work to identify, evaluate and execute targeted media partnerships for our 40+ campaigns.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assist VP, Media – Partnerships in the development of a framework for media and content partnerships in collaboration with several interdepartmental teams.
- Help concept, execute, manage and scale custom CSR partnerships and experiences.
- Help evaluate ROI on partnerships and create organizational best practices.
- Assist VP, Media – Partnerships in the development of marketing materials and templates to showcase partnership work and case studies across the organization and to be used as sell-in at key media partner meetings.
- Create presentations for internal campaign sponsor partnership meetings as needed.
- Collaborate across Ad Council departments, including Campaign Development, Research, Financial Development, Marketing and Communications, etc. to maximize opportunities for robust, collaborative partnerships and engagement.
- Assist Media Outreach Team with facilitating requests to/from the Analytics team, Creative Services, Campaign Management and Marketing. Help with distribution of partnership assets.
- Support media outreach efforts and partnership reporting compliance for Salesforce. Database management as needed in Google Docs and Excel
- Monitor corporate and industry trends and evolution.
Must possess a strong marketing or media background, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and strong written and oral communication skills. Ideal candidate would have some experience in the development of strategic partnerships.
- 2+ years professional sales, marketing, or agency (media or account management) experience.
- Knowledge of media and advertising industries.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain long term client relationships and see projects from start to finish.
- Standard computer and database management skills; Salesforce, Tableau and Smartsheet experience a plus.
- Strategic thinker, problem solver and team player.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Some travel.
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes.
We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work, and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed: Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.