We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to manage the day-to-day marketing and communications campaigns for a variety of healthcare and corporate companies. Working with a cross-discipline agency team including marketing strategy, client services, creative, interactive, PR, media, and marketing analytics, you will help develop and implement client programs to provide results and exceed expectations. This is an excellent opportunity for dynamic individuals to advance their careers in advertising and public relations by working in an environment dedicated to learning and professional development.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in advertising and public relations handling a wide range of projects with a high degree of independence and sound judgment preferably in an agency setting. This individual must understand how to develop plans, counsel clients and implement campaigns using a variety of marketing tools including brand development, advertising, media relations, social media, community integration, media buying, digital and interactive, etc.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction to the creative team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contacts, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising more junior staff.
- Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (printers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., design department, specialists, media buyers and other employees.)
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients.
- Applies knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the agency.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- Skilled writer who oversees the team to conceptualize and produce campaign plans, creative briefs, client memos, media relations materials, brochures and collateral materials.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing in-depth analyses.
- Leverages knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media, to add value to client programs.
- Thorough understanding of role of media and internet marketing tools in overall marketing mix.
- Must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic marketing ideas and implementation plans to meet challenges.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of marketing/advertising efforts.
- Strong overall communication, writing and presentation skills and a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel (in addition to proficiency in standard MS Office programs);
- Contributes to presentations, using internal and external resources.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while demonstrating supervisory skills.
- Continues to build and apply specialized expertise in particular subject or functional areas.
- Routinely applies understanding of budget development and monitoring.
- Understands and manages billing and activity reporting processes.
- Oversees preparation of monthly client reports.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies
- Manages time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
- Meets billability targets established for the senior account executive position.
- Develops budgets independently and/or in conjunction with other team members.
- Makes increasingly substantive contributions to the development and presentation of new business programs for potential and existing clients.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Identifies and supports opportunities to grow existing accounts or to pursue new business.
- Consistently contributes informed opinions, as well as creative and effective answers to client issues and needs.
Initiative and General Management
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying and proposing enhanced ways to advance team, group, agency and client interests.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Applies sound judgment in anticipating and taking action to avoid many workplace and client issues and problems.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients.
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings.
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behavior.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge and otherwise increasing her/his value to the agency and to clients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in managing agency and client resources: people, time and money.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs for him/herself and, potentially, others.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.