Director of Search
The Director of Search is a cross-trained, team-oriented individual who leads the strategy and operations of the Search and Paid Media Department. The Director of Search provides strategy in understanding the online user behavior of clients’ target audiences, defining analytics, managing insight, and developing interactive strategies, and proactive recommendations. The Director of Search also works with other agency departments to provide technical support and guidance regarding integration of technologies to ensure that clients’ online presence provides a complete view across multiple platforms.
As a senior-level member of the agency, the Director of Search also plays a significant role in agency management, growth, new business pitches, and culture. Our ideal candidate is passionate about staff management, healthy department profitability and larger agency vision and leadership. Currently, this position manages a staff of five (5) passionate, smart and talented team members.
A little about us…
Our culture is all about transparency and support…and office dogs. This translates into tangible perks spanning a pour-over coffee station and craft beers in the fridge to gym membership discounts and Summer Fridays. In the past two years, we’ve invested more than $30,000 in employee professional development and retention, supporting staff growth based on individual needs and interests.
We care about our employees, and our employees care about one another. We pride ourselves on flexibility and collaboration that we believe lets our employees take full ownership of their work while also keeping them happier, healthier, and more creative. Quarterly agency volunteer days, monthly happy hours, and weekly Idea Hustle brainstorms nicely complement our physical office space, a sunlit, historic New Orleans building with an open floorplan and an outdoor patio workspace.
Because employee retention and culture are so important, we offer amazing benefits. Here are some of the staff favorites:
- Top-notch health, dental, and vision insurance — Your physical and mental wellbeing are important to us. Let’s help keep you healthy!
- Think & Drink Thursdays – Every Thursday afternoon, we learn about something new, from digital strategy to pop culture. We drink beer and wine, because hey, it’s New Orleans. We think about things, and we drink together.
- Dog-friendly office — Bring your pup along for the ride. We guarantee he’ll get lots of love from our staff.
- Closed office the week between Christmas and New Year’s — We want you to enjoy your holidays and “turn off” whenever possible. ‘Tis the season to be merry, after all!
- Summer Fridays – Staff receives every other Friday off from Memorial Day to Labor Day to soak up that summer sun (or whatever floats their boat).
- New Orleans City Business - Bes Place to Work (2014, 2016, 2017) -- Gold Place Winner (2016)
- Digiday 2017 Worklife Award -- Most Innovative Culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years’ SEO and online advertising experience
- 2 years’ staff management experience
A day in the life:
- Leading team brainstorms for new client initiatives
- Creating and guiding strategy for all search and paid media clients
- Coaching client service team on top-notch customer service and relationship building
- Following best practices and setting standardized work product/expectations to maintain quality control
- Regularly reviewing service line offerings and optimizing based on industry trends and best practices
- Assessing policy, process, and protocol as well as organizational structure and identifying opportunities for the search department
- Meeting weekly with direct reports to review professional goals, deliverables, client issues, bandwidth, and overall growth and development
- Identifying and reporting on digital trends, management software, and emerging technology to ensure that FSC is an early adopter
FSC Interactive will consider a moving bonus for the right candidate living in another city. Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org