Our Designers are all-around extraordinary! They’re dreamers AND doers who can both concept big ideas as well as execute the finished details. They produce world-class creative that makes them proud, and exceeds our clients’ expectations. And when project hiccups inevitably arise, our Designers use their experience, imagination and resourcefulness to overcome these challenges and produce high quality work – every time.
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer that’s the perfect cultural fit, has exceptional design skills, and shows us a portfolio of work that has us dying to invite him or her to join the team. Skidmore’s work is “brand strategy and design for food and fun” and your work at Skidmore will entail everything from brand development to digital UI to packaging design. You’ll consistently produce fresh, compelling creative that’s on-brand and on-schedule. You’ll have the ability to work on all types of design projects (within the Studio’s core capabilities), and continue gaining expertise through on-going learning and on-the-job experience.
Every member of the Skidmore team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and upholding our core values:
Core Purpose: To Create the Extraordinary
Be Creative: In all things we do.
Challenge: Ourselves, our clients, and each other.
Team: Work together for results.
Enjoy: Share positive energy.
Integrity: Do the right thing.
Communication: Speak openly and candidly.
Details. Details. Details.
- 2-5 years of experience as a designer at an agency, studio or similar environment
- Experience with digital design preferred (website UI, email design, etc)
- Degree in graphic design or experiential equivalent
KNOWLEDGE + SKILLS
- Strong knowledge and technical skills across all graphic design media
- A deep passion and ability for all things design – trends, philosophies, and technologies
- Ability to work well with a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team – push and be pushed by your team
- Ability to concept AND finish a project – everything from ideation to completion
- Ability to think holistically and work with writers, strategists, and other designers to make your own work – and theirs – even better
- Collect and apply internal and client feedback to designs, refining them to meet expectations
- Use design to communicate key messages; elevate and add value to content
- Be open to learning new tools and software
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Generate concepts and design elements in collaboration with other creatives, under the guidance of the creative director, design director and senior designers
- Research clients, audiences and project details that will inform your work
- Concept designs that vary both subtly and significantly from each other
- Present designs and supporting rationale to internal and external audiences
- Participate in brainstorms, critiques and reviews with insightful contributions
- Meet all deadlines, both internal and external
- Be fluent in current design industry hardware and software tools
- Create designs in all media – print, large-format, digital, etc.
- Prepare designs with the proper specs for the required output
- …and anything else required in the best interests of the Studio