Assistant Manager, PR & Social Media
The Ad Council, the country's leading producer of public service communications programs, is seeking a candidate with strong communications skills to work with members of our Public Relations/Social Media team to further the reach and impact of the Ad Council's campaigns and brand.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ideating and helping to develop and execute PR and social media strategies
- Drafting and reviewing press and social media materials and messaging, including plans, newsletter stories, blog posts and posts for social communities
- Managing external agencies, vendors and partners
- Contributing content to the Ad Council's internal and external events, i.e. the Ad Council's blog and social channels, as well as additional opportunities to tell the brand story.
- Monitoring Ad Council, campaign, issue and industry news coverage and content performance
- Preparing coverage reports and summaries/analyses of public relations activities
- Assisting PR/SM team with day-to-day activities such as background research on reporters, influencers/creators and additional content partners
- 1-3 years applicable work experience preferred
- Social Media savvy – platforms beyond Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent writer – can adjust copy to various mediums/audiences
- Extraordinary verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Team Player who works well with others
The Ad Council campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. The Ad Council is the New York-based non-profit organization behind iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk” and the recently viral campaign “Love Has No Labels.”
We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit and government agencies, such as Feeding America, Autism Speaks and FEMA, to develop over 40 national campaigns each year including Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention. We use all the tools in the communications arsenal including developing PSAs, apps and games, content for social media, engaging talent, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing and creating digital and live events to raise awareness around our causes. We also get to work with our incredible Board of Directors companies such as Facebook, Buzzfeed, Google/YouTube, Snap, Pandora and Upworthy/GOOD to ensure we've got the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social good impact.
Having produced thousands of campaigns addressing pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, positive social change. To learn more about the Ad Council and our impactful campaigns visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed: Fax (212) 922-1676 or US Mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
, Assistant Manager, PR & Social Media The Ad Council, the country''''s leading producer of public service communications programs, is seeking a candidate with strong communications skills to work with members of our Public Relations/Social Media team