UNITED COLLECTIVE was formed just over 12 months ago with the bold ambition to introduce a new model for marketing communications agencies. With our one group – multiple doors structure, our aim is to help clients drive new growth by getting in step with the rapidly changing U.S. market and become recognized as the most culturally attuned group of agencies in the nation. The UNITED COLLECTIVE is made up of independent specialists; which include creative agency GALLEGOS United, business planning consultancy POLY United, content creation and post production offering LUNA United, digital agency CANVAS United, and public relations firm ROX United. Learn more: unitedcollective.com.
The role of the Senior Communications Manager will be to lead the collective in establishing the reputation for UNITED COLLECTIVE and its respective agencies, across the industry, with prospective and current clients, staff and prospective employees.
What we want you to do:
- Assist in developing the core messaging platform(s) that best showcase the communication group and individual companies.
- Define, develop and oversee annual end-to-end execution of PR strategy & communication plans for the agency, new clients, campaigns, acquisitions, personal moves, new hires, etc. that support the agency’s vision. Devise key messages, timelines, press releases and other materials to facilitate dissemination of news.
- Seek self-starter and creative thinker with a passion for social media who can tout agency and its leaders in 140 characters as well as long-form pieces.
- Manage PR initiatives and provide strategic insights that drive agency reputation and growth by working directly with the multi-disciplinary agency groups and leaders, as well as clients and reporters.
- Secure and prepare executives for media interactions, internal communications and public appearances.
- Develop relationships with key journalists, tech, influencer and trade press.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Presidents and key executives, working in tandem with the Founder/CEO.
- Drive internal and external executive communications for the CEO/Presidents/Key Executives. Assist in writing thought leaderships pieces on their behalf of as needed.
- Establish and grow relationships with key account leads, creatives and department heads to keep abreast of agency news.
- Unearth interesting stories about our people and culture to promote internally and externally.
- Support new business, human resources, and Presidents in reviewing and editing internal communications.
- Proactively evaluate, secure and execute events.
- Ability to deliver presentations that are on brand and compelling for the intended target audience.
- Assist in the creation of CEO/President/Key Executive presentations and merchandizing materials.
- Research industry trends and develop interesting and relevant media pitches.
What we want you to have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the desire, tenacity and resourcefulness to help break new ground.
- Passion for crafting and selling the agency’s story both conceptually and in execution.
- Ability to craft and maneuver within an evolving agency.
- Creative, positive, and high-energy individual that executes flawlessly.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to provide unique communications solutions that raise the agency's profile with key audiences: current and prospective employees and clients, the industry and the broader communities in which we operate.
- Proven ability to interact with senior-level executives and press; confidence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the advertising and media landscape with strong corporate PR background.
- Strong people/team management skills.
- Experience working with international markets; specifically Spanish-langauge markets a plus.
- Rolodex of media relationships beyond traditional industry trade.
- Works well under pressure and in a highly charged environment.
- 8+ years Corporate Communications/PR experience, either in-house or agency.
- Thorough understanding of AP style guidelines.
- Fluency with the latest developments in social and new media.