Digital Media Manager
The Digital Media Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Digital and Social and helps create content and manage campaigns, programs and assets for the Human Rights Campaign’s online properties, mostly focusing on HRC’s blog and social media properties.
- Produce creative content for organization’s blog and social networking sites.
- Help draft, produce and maintain 3-5 blog posts per day.
- Lead on approvals for all blog posts.
- Ensure brand integrity on blog and digital platforms.
- Help maintain and enforce editorial style guidelines on all content.
- Employ independent judgment and discretion to oversee comments and messages on HRC’s social media platforms.
- Assist in the execution of rapid response campaigns.
- Update social media platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Pinterest.
- Check support requests and respond to tickets.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of HRC’s online properties through ongoing review and maintenance, quality assurance testing, updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving expired content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a strong preference for two to four years of experience working on a blog or digital media team.
- Experience with content management systems, support ticketing systems, blog maintenance, Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in AP Style.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Experience working under pressure and managing a diversity of opinions on each project.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on routine tasks as needed. Team player and a positive attitude are necessary, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and focus on details and follow-up.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires “on call" evening and weekend work.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, to keep pace with the 24-hour news cycle, and work quickly and accurately.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online.
- Proficient with a Content Management System (CMS).
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or other graphic editing applications.
- Experience with using the web as a medium for advocacy and social justice.
*We require a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to apply for this job.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.