Campaign Management Intern - NY
Position: Campaign Management Internship
Location: New York City - 10017
Start Date: May 29, 2018
End Date: August 3, 2018
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP
The Campaign Development team oversees all aspects in developing fully integrated public service ad (PSA) campaigns. Key areas of responsibility include working with ad agency partners, non-profits and government agencies, from the strategic planning phase through TV and digital production, campaign launch, distribution, and program evaluation.
To learn about the campaign development and evaluation process, interns are fulling integrated into the Campaign Development team and are encouraged to attend both internal and external meetings, as well as offsite activities like film shoots and focus groups when possible.
- Collaborate with Ad Council interns to identify the next pressing social issue to become an Ad Council campaign. The intern team will work through the end of the summer program to research, develop and present a campaign proposal to the Ad Council staff.
- Assist with analysis and reporting related to social and digital efforts, donated media, and overall campaign impact.
- Review industry and academic research on marketing trends and social marketing effectiveness.
- Research and draft “landscape reviews,” describing the social issue landscape in U.S. regions.
- Analyze “competitive” campaigns and programs.
- Assist with social media, digital, and public relations efforts.
- Undergraduate-level student with a concentration in the social sciences, communications or marketing preferred.
- Strong interest in social issues and passion for making an impact
- Interest in non-profit marketing and advertising
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Understanding of social media marketing.
- Team player and independent worker.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is the largest producer of public service advertising and communications programs in the United States. Founded in 1942 as a private non-profit organization, the Ad Council marshals volunteer talent from the advertising industry to create awareness, motivate action, and drive social change. Ad Council campaigns such as Smokey Bear, Love Has No Labels, Seize the Awkward, and “Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk,” have helped save lives and educate the public about crucial issues.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or by mail to the Advertising Council, Attn: Human Resources, 815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor, New York, NY 10017.