Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 51 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, etc. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. The organization's programs focus on conserving wildlife, restoring habitat and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
To support our mission, we seek a highly motivated Director of Corporate Engagement to join our team in Reston, VA. The Director leads in the planning, execution and management of the National Wildlife Federation's corporate partners program which encompasses a range of philanthropic support, grants, sponsorships, marketing partnerships, consumer campaigns and brand development initiatives. As a senior staff member responsible to the Vice President for Philanthropy, the Director will partner closely with the Associate Vice President for Corporate Partnerships, Brand Promotion & TV Development in leading teams and driving cross departmental collaborations aimed at further building relationships with existing partners while expanding the Federation's base of corporate supporters.
This is an exciting time of growth at the National Wildlife Federation, and this role is ideal for an entrepreneurial leader who seeks opportunities to leverage his or her professional talents to contribute meaningfully toward accomplishing the Federation's ambitious conservation agenda.
In this role you will:
- In close collaboration with the AVP for Corporate Partnerships, Brand Development & TV Promotion, manage existing relationships with the Federation's top corporate partners, nurturing and stewarding these relationships and endeavoring to deepen and expand their engagement with the Federation over time, while also dedicating sufficient bandwidth to the identification and cultivation of prospective new partners.
- Prioritize key actions for the President & CEO; the VP for Philanthropy; the AVP for Corporate Partnerships, Brand Development & TV Promotion; and others, including the vice presidents, regional executives, and senior program staff, offering guidance and counsel in the engagement of existing corporate partners and the cultivation of prospective new partners.
- Drive prospect identification efforts to scale-up and further diversify the base of corporate partners. Oversee identification, segmentation, research and vetting processes, guiding the team in undertaking these functions to foster a robust corporate engagement enterprise.
- Contribute to the development of corporate engagement strategies; take initiative to develop compelling, mission-focused, and brand-amplifying opportunities by packaging various assets across the organization; and work collaboratively with the Federation's leadership and with agency partners to deliver professional-grade marketing collaterals and content, convening key stakeholders as needed to foster clarity, consensus, and alignment around the Federation's ambitious conservation funding priorities and its fundraising practices and policies.
- Serve as lead architect of the Federation's Moves Management process for corporate partners, establishing efficient systems and protocols aimed at further building healthy prospect pipelines. Consistently and accurately maintains data relating to assigned portfolios. Strive to be well-versed in the Federation's CRM system.
- Build collaborative relationships with staff across the organization, serving as a knowledgeable and accessible resource, and as a primary point of contact for Finance, Legal, the Executive Office, and operations staff in the engagement of corporate partners.
- Partner with Philanthropy's senior leadership to unify corporate engagement capacity, and works closely with the Director of Institutional Relations to coordinate outreach and relationship management. Co-convene prospect review sessions routinely to share information.
- Establish annual work plans, revenue targets and key performance indicators in close collaboration with Philanthropy's senior leadership team. Analyze performance metrics and monitors progress toward goals, fine-tuning strategies and implementation timelines as necessary. Evaluate the effectiveness of strategies and use these insights to inform continuous improvement. Promote data-driven decision making.
- Administer the corporate team's budget, shepherding its development and planning. Monitor and evaluate revenue and expenditures. Prepare monthly financial analyses and trimester reports. Establish and manage various other business processes.
- Lead a talented and growing team of professionals with expertise in corporate engagement in surpassing revenue targets and achieving desired outcomes, ensuring the highest standards of customer service and the delivery of partner benefits in so doing. Oversee collaborations with agency partners, consultants and contractors.
- Endeavor to stay current and abreast of innovative fundraising methodologies and strategies. Foster a deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, or marketing. Candidates demonstrating professional expertise in managing corporate partners programs or institutional relations for nonprofit organizations are well-suited for this role.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with corporate partners. The ideal candidate will excel at deal-making: crafting compelling engagement strategies, pitching/presenting, negotiating, and closing.
- Experience with national brand promotion partnerships, consumer facing campaigns, and brand amplification strategies is helpful. Entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- Passion for the preservation and protection of wildlife and wild places is highly desirable. Experience working in a member organization or in environmental conservation a plus.
- Experience supervising professional teams and administering budgets is required.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting, with the demonstrated ability to drive collaboration across teams. A solid business acumen, paired with a penchant for data-driven decision making and a graceful management style will serve this position well.
- Professionalism, with superior interpersonal abilities, communications and political savvy, and excellent time management and organization skills.
- Able to travel domestically, approximately 10-15 overnight trips per year.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with various CRM databases and reporting tools is required.
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we encourage you to submit an application. A background check will be conducted on the selected candidate.
Interested candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume to https://nwf.applicantpro.com/jobs/633743.html.