This individual is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies that raise the profile of the University and its initiatives. This team member will work to promote the university's ambitious endeavors and achievements. Responsibilities include marketing copywriting, strategic message development and positioning, media relations and content development for identified communication vehicles. Must be skilled as a reporter, writer, or editor, with basic competency in multimedia; and have the ability to tell stories through the use of various platforms, including social media, short- and long format writing, news releases, media advisories, audio, video, and emerging media. This position reports to the Senior Director of University Communications & Marketing (UCM).
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, Education or a related field
- Four (4) years of related work experience in the development of comprehensive and creative communication; OR Eight (8) years of related work experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of communications writing and strategies to drive brand awareness, brand relevance and positive reputation.
- Results oriented, enthusiastic, resourceful and creative with a can-do positive attitude.
- Strong writing and editing skills; must be proficient in many writing styles, including promotional writing.
- Proficient in AP Style Guide.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), especially WordPress.
- Strong, creative problem-solving skills.
- Writing must demonstrate attention to audience, tone, nuance and detail.
- Collaborative, team player with great networking skills.
- Exercises sound judgment consistently.
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently, particularly those requiring very quick turnaround.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Adaptable; ability to work independently and across teams.
- Track record of using good judgment and making sound decisions that demonstrate problem solving ability, adaptability and responsiveness to change.
- Demonstrated attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information.
- Organized, self-directed and self-disciplined.
- Willingness to work during non-standard business hours.
Chaminade University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Please apply online at Chaminade University Career Opportunity: https://chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities/.