Summary of Role
The Director of Interactive Marketing (DIM) is responsible for directing and supervising the efficient operations of the digital, social media, and video teams in marketing, with a strong focus on brand content creation and advertising. The DIM promotes collaboration and teamwork within marketing and across the co-op to foster motivation, increase productivity and ensure the highest levels of customer service. This position is responsible for keeping CROPP brands and its mission at the forefront of interactive marketing practices and trends to deliver breakthrough/world class content to consumers. We’re uniquely positioned to bring the heart and soul of our brands to life in ways that our larger CPG competitors can’t because of the limitations that corporate America puts on them. This person will be expected and empowered to ensure we continue to be a communication and branding innovator in the ways that have propelled our growth for the last 30 years with natural and organic consumers. The ideal candidate will also be called upon to play a key role in leading our e-commerce strategy and capabilities both in-house and through the channels of our key retail partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of interactive marketing strategy and oversee execution across the web, email, social media and online video for all CROPP brands.
- Take personal accountability to constantly improve the business by refining current marketing activities, proposing changes to the department, establishing more impactful relationships with other departments across the cooperative, evaluating current staffing and requirements for future needs, and successfully managing structural and process changes.
- Lead the process to set the digital and social media advertising budgets and monitor performance.
- Develop senior level relationships with Directors, Vice Presidents and Executive Management to facilitate ideation, planning and problem solving for all functions that currently touch the department or could interact with it in the future.
- Develop brand marketing strategies in conjunction with VP of Brand Marketing and other members of Marketing Strategy Team.
- Lead, negotiate and manage projects with external interactive and creative agencies.
- Be the lead voice for interactive advertising strategy and execution with team and agency partners.
- In conjunction with the Mission Executive lead, play a key role in crafting the strategy and overseeing execution of cooperative communications to consumer audiences.
- As a member of the Marketing Strategy Team (MST), lead strategic planning, people development, ongoing department structure planning and activation, cross-functional cooperative planning, strategic support for sales collaboratively with other members of MST.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Information Resources and Operations leadership to scope and grow the role that the interactive department owns as our ecommerce strategy matures.
- Play lead role in crafting our retailer e-commerce strategy including working directly with key online customers, supporting sales relationships with e-commerce channels of key brick and mortar customers and ensuring our presence on these platforms is driving sales, delivering positive ROI, and building our online brand presence.
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for 3 direct reports within a team of 10+ interactive marketers.
- Ensure compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure and report on the impact of interactive marketing activity for senior management and other teams in the co-op.
- Identify, establish contracts with, and oversee the work of 3rd party vendors, contractors and agencies.
- Collaborate with sales teams as an expert leader to ensure marketing activity supports sales goals and relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of marketing experience with at least 5 years dedicated to digital and/or social media marketing
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive people management experience with at least 5 years of managing a team of at least 5 people.
- Comprehensive understanding of current interactive channels and trends in online brand development, particularly in social media, online video, email marketing, websites and e-commerce
- Experience working with retailers with an ecommerce businesses of $50mm+ in annual sales.
- Innovative thinker with a proven track record of leading teams to evolve and react quickly within the changing interactive landscape
- Experience directly managing or heavily influencing multi-million-dollar advertising budgets.
- Consumer packaged goods experience preferred
- Experience working in or with creative/advertising agencies
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for organic food and the desire to be a change agent in the food system
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time