Business Development Director
Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) is a premier consulting and communications firm seeking a Business Development Director to join our Advertising team.
Since 1984, companies ranging from small entrepreneurial start-ups to some of the biggest brands in the world have come to Boulder to seek out SRG’s expertise in consumer insights, brand strategy, brand positioning, new product innovation, advertising, and design. SRG’s unique fusion of strategic and creative capabilities has helped build brands and drive growth for companies across a large spectrum of size and industry, including work for PepsiCo, The Brewers Association, Aspen Dental, Purina, Lilly, The Almond Board of California, Avocados from Mexico, Justin’s Nut Butters, Land O’ Lakes, McCormick, and others. With deep experience in all things consumer and culinary, we are responsible for $10 billion in incremental value for clients over the past five years alone.
Perhaps more important than what we do at SRG is how we do it. Before ever having a client, our founders defined the core beliefs upon which SRG would be built: Excellence, Creativity, Education, Honesty, Respect, Social Value, Responsibility, and Fun. For 30+ years, we have measured our performance on these beliefs annually. And because we live these beliefs every day, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by AdAge in 2016 and Outside Magazine for the past six years.
We are looking for a goal-oriented, self-driven, strategic advertising salesperson who has a list of contacts and existing business relationships that can be turned into potential clients for our agency.
- Create and target communications to advertising top prospects.
- Develop responses to RFIs and RFPs and organize and direct presentations.
- Close business for the agency.
- Develop targets and relationships:
- Lead new business strategy, including identifying categories, relevant positioning and outreach models, with support from internal new business team.
- Initiate contact with potential new business prospects and maintain regular communication to build relationships with prospects. Understands the business and marketing challenges of key prospects.
- Work with cross-functional leadership team to develop materials for ongoing outreach.
- Create opportunities to pitch new accounts.
- Identify potential new business leads and evaluate them with internal leadership team.
- Market SRG’s extensive advertising capabilities to new business prospects and within the industry with passion and enthusiasm.
- Attend events and conferences to meet potential clients and market.
- RFI and RFP management for all advertising pitches:
- Qualifies all in-bound advertising opportunities.
- Works with new business team to develop RFI responses.
- Manage RFI/RFP/pitch process, prepare pitch materials, and attend new business presentations, as needed, along with new business team.
- Organizes and directs logistical requirements for presentations.
- Close business for the agency:
- Proven record of new business acquisition in multiple categories.
Skills and Requirements
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years of advertising and marketing experience, including 2+ years in a business development role within a high profile advertising agency
- Proven record of new business acquisition in multiple categories
- Ability to understand and reflect our agency culture and strengths
- Willingness to attend networking and related events on behalf of the company
- Ability to collaborate with key agency staff to determine goals and formulate strategy
- Strong passion for marketing and a desire to stay on top of marketing trends
Please apply with a resume and cover letter at www.srg.com/careers, or through the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=srg84&jobId=192948&lang=en_US&source=CC3