Digital Media Planner/Buyer
Sterling-Rice Group, a nationally recognized brand strategy, innovation, and advertising agency, is searching for a Digital Media Planner/Buyer to join our Boulder, Colorado-based team.
Sterling-Rice Group (SRG) is a unique fusion of strategic, analytical and creative capabilities that has helped build brands and drive growth at companies big (e.g., PepsiCo, The Almond Board of California, McCormick, Tyson Foods) and small (e.g., Justin’s Nut Butter, Brewers Association, and Weleda). Founded in 1984, we’ve grown our firm through an integrated combination of capabilities that are unique in the industry.
Perhaps more important than what we do at SRG is how we do it. Before ever having a client, our founders defined the core beliefs upon which SRG would be built: Excellence, Creativity, Education, Honesty, Respect, Social Value, Responsibility, and Fun. And because we live these beliefs every day, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age in 2017 and Outside Magazine for the past six years.
- Manages all aspects of digital media campaigns to ensure flawless setup, execution & performance
- Integrates digital media with offline advertising and marketing programs into strategic recommendations
- Develops buying strategies for maximizing media dollars, and handles media RFPs and negotiations
- Creates and manages media flowcharts, client media authorizations, billing, all media vendor contracts & related internal documents (i.e. traffic schedule)
- Utilizes research to develop target audiences and media recommendations; analyzes at a sophisticated level (@Plan, ComScore, Google AdPlanner, Google Analytics)
- Recommends online media budgets and manages reconciliation and all budget reporting as requested
- Seeks out emerging media opportunities to most effectively use creative and digital media dollars to the greatest benefit for our clients
- Consults and provides POV guidance across variety of social and digital media opportunities, including ways in which they can be connected with paid media opportunities
- Understands various tracking services and can build campaigns, traffic and track them for detailed reporting purposes, according to client-specific KPIs
- Works closely with ad ops, creative and production teams to sure efficiencies with campaign planning (aligning creative vision and assets with media plan) as well as campaign execution (timeliness of all asset delivery and ensuring full functionality of all deliverables)
- Builds and fosters positive relationships with media partners via email and live communication
- Works closely with media team members (director, supervisor, assistant planner, ad ops), account team and client throughout online campaigns to monitor, report, and optimize performance, resolving any performance issues
- Serves as SRG ambassador and demonstrates grace in challenging internal and external scenarios
2-3 years of digital media planning and buying experience. Good writing and presentation skills, strong negotiation skills, detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through. Skills required include:
- Experience working with ad-serving & brand safety technologies (i.e. Sizmek, Double Verify)
- Experience with online research tools, including Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, ComScore, Google Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with offline media concepts
- Working knowledge of basic “media math” and negotiation tools, including but not limited to CPM/CPA/CPC modeling, ROI forecasting, cost negotiation, and budgeting
- Experience in online marketing and current knowledge of trends and innovations in traditional and digital media, including social media
- Strong personal examples of attention to detail and analytical thinking skills
- Writes in a clear and concise manner and organizes ideas logically and sequentially
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)