Licensing and Marketing Coordinator
Seeking Experienced Licensing and Marketing Coordinator
Blue Planet Software, Inc. is the sole agent for the Tetris® brand, managing 50+ global licenses for the Tetris IP. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starting, experienced, hands-on individual with drive and vision to manage our day-to-day licensee coordination, approvals and general marketing.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. For over 30 years, the brand has been loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over half a billion Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. Working with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, Sony/GSN Games, and many other licensing partners, the Tetris franchise continues to be one of the most widely recognized video game brands of all time.
The Licensing and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for managing one of the most beloved video game brands, Tetris. Main duties include day-to-day licensee communications, licensee submission approvals, brand marketing, website and social media approval, and coordination with third party vendors including SEO and web advertising reporting. This is an operational position not a business development, management or deal making position. In addition, candidate will participate in development and execution of global brand strategy with the executive team.
The position is an independent contractor position. Our main office is located in Honolulu. We prefer candidates on the west coast.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Work as a liaison between licensees and internal team. Regularly communicate with team and licensees to discuss licensee product development submissions and marketing submissions to ensure brand standards are maintained.
- Administer and maintain licensee approval and digital asset management databases. (Mediabox)
- Ensure timely coordination of product, packaging, advertising and marketing materials submissions through the approval process while maintaining product quality and brand integrity.
- Update and maintain all internal and external documents including monthly licensee newsletters, brand style guides, brand pitch power points, etc.
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of brand marketing initiatives.
Digital Media Content
- Work daily with external content company to edit, track, review, circulate and approve website content and social media posts.
- Regularly correspond with licensee community managers & coordinate promotions. Communicate to content company, PR agency and internal teams.
- Use data analytics to measure success in Tetris social and web channels (click-through, conversions, engagement, attribution, revenue, etc.) and provide weekly reports to team.
- Work with Head of Licensing to analyze and implement strategy for working with licensees to drive marketing and PR for Tetris licensed products.
- Develop plan and calendar for event marketing programs that increase awareness and engagement for the Tetris brand as well as licensee products.
- Lead the development of marketing collateral including drafting licensee newsletter, sales presentations, brand presentations, printed materials, trade show materials, videos, e-communications, etc.
- Support PR functions and assist external agency as needed to execute marketing and PR needs including editing and circulating press releases for approval.
- Maintain company press site, working with legal and licensing departments to ensure regular updates.
- A team player who is results-driven, self-starting, able to work under pressure and an innovative thinker.
- 3 - 5+years’ experience in global brand management and licensee submission systems in consumer products, video games, entertainment, or toys.
- Candidate must be highly organized, and have extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills a must, technical writing a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Photoshop experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.