Telmar, the leading international media planning software and information services company, is seeking a proven Director of Sales and Business Development for its growing North America/LATAM operations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for new business development and account management activities in North America/LATAM, achieving sales and revenue goals by developing, building and strengthening long–term relationships with customers and vendors. The position will also require deal making skills including strategic consulting and needs assessment, identifying and driving new business opportunities, pricing and contract negotiations and working with Telmar management to propose solutions to prospective clients.
In this challenging, fast-paced role, you will enjoy a strong team culture, work among a seasoned group of professionals and be a part of a growing company.
This position reports directly to Telmar’s President, North America.
- Increase software sales and consultancy services through new business and upselling to existing clients, while maintaining existing clients
- Understand market and client demands and have ability to fulfill them
- Facilitate client renewal process, and maintain client and prospect relationships
- Preparation of proposals and contracts
- Assist in creation and execution of business plans and marketing strategies
- Achieve the goals, targets and quotas assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in media research or media planning at an advertising agency
- Experience in sales/business development with research vendor or media planning software supplier is essential
- Knowledge of Telmar Software is a plus
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the overall media planning, media research, buying and selling process and related consulting services
- Exceptional business development and client service experience with a proven track record of success
- Ability to meet and exceed performance goals and targets
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively, independently and as a team player – while having a “no job too small” mentality
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Spanish and/or French is a plus
Please submit your cover letter, CV and salary requirements.