Cotton Council International (CCI) located in Washington, DC is a non-profit trade association working on behalf of the U.S. cotton industry. CCI is recruiting for a Marketing Manager reporting to the Executive Director. Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and execution of the CCI Innovation strategy, working with outside developers to create new innovative cotton promotional display pieces that will show how cotton apparel usage can be increased globally.
- Create website content and social media content for use on the CCI website and social media websites used as advertising media such as Linked In.
- Participate in directing the advertising agency to develop new advertising for use in all media and CCI events.
- Assist with the development and presentation to potential new licensees with a focus on global brands and retailers.
- Lead the development and execution of all sales materials (such as brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and email communications) for both mills/manufacturers and brands/retailers.
- Manage COTTON USA and other trademarks.
- Provide marketing assistance to the Executive Director and Deputy Director as requested with miscellaneous projects.
- Assist in writing, editing, and publishing the annual Unified Export Strategy.
- Must have at least 5 years of product/marketing management experience with a consumer-oriented marketing company or with a consumer-oriented advertising agency.
- Must have experience with new product concept development and consumer research.
- Able to communicate effectively and concisely in written communications.
- Able to deliver projects on time and against objectives.
- Experienced in managing outside resources, such as advertising agencies and new product development suppliers.
- Experienced in analyzing market data and developing recommended action plans from these analyses.
- Has the ability to develop presentations and communicate effectively to groups.
- A team player who knows how to participate in a multi-country environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, operating in an environment that is fast-moving and challenging.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 15-20%.
- International marketing experience and an MBA would be plusses.
Applications should include up-to-date curriculum vitae, availability date, and a statement of special qualifications for this position. Only shortlisted candidate will receive acknowledgement. The application will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Applicants should state a job title “Marketing Manager” in the subject line and forward inquiries to email@example.com. Application deadline is July 21, 2017 @ 5:00 p.m. U.S. EST. Equal Opportunity Employer.
A NOTE ABOUT CCI
CCI is a non-profit trade association that has been operating for 60 years. We work on the behalf of the U.S. cotton industry and funding comes from the industry and the USDA. We have approximately 50 people located in 17 offices around the world.