Senior Writer, Communications & Marketing
Senior Writer, Communications and Marketing
- Chief Communications Officer
- Serve as a leader on the communications and marketing team to help the organization accelerate the rate that the private sector will offer or promote healthier options for American families, as well as influence demand for those choices.
- Create content and collateral to support PHA’s Communications and Marketing goals, especially geared toward partner relations, media engagement, web / digital properties and fundraising.
- Ideate, coordinate, write, edit and disseminate materials for the annual Building a Healthier Future Summit, including speeches and speaker notes; introductions and biographies; blog posts; e-marketing materials; headlines; press announcements and more.
- Manage the annual progress report executive summary (30-page, four-color, printed), including coordinating a team to gather content; writing and editing copy; managing vendors and working alongside the Director of Impact and Evaluation.
- Write and edit materials to support the annual Fit to Celebrate Gala.
- Support the President and CEO with writing and editing needs, potentially including ghost authoring, speech writing, building a speaker’s forum, etc.
- In concert with the Chief Communications Officer, oversee the content strategy for PHA across its channels, including message development, content creation, media relations, social media, digital and brand development.
- Protect PHA’s brand and its owned sub-brands to ensure appropriate use with regard to PHA’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 6 years strategic communications experience. Agency and / or corporate communication experience is also preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Capable of writing for different leaders, different styles and across multiple platforms.
- Media relations experience is a plus.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Highest levels of integrity, ethics and honesty.
- Upbeat personality and self-motivated.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- A team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop and maintain relationships.
- Active listening skills.
- Able to effectively recognize and solve problems.
- 15 Percent
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors required.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to the email address: email@example.com with "Sr. Writer" in the subject. We regret we can only contact selected applicants. PHA offers competitive compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.