The Senior Project Manager, Digital creates and manages a large-scale, business-critical portfolio of digital projects on behalf of The Nature Conservancy’s Marketing division by aligning staff efforts to match priorities and marketing initiatives set by the organization. S/he leads the cross-functional Digital Systems team in using digital methodologies and processes, advancing agile principles across digital’s work product and ensures all digital standards are met and product offerings defined. S/he establishes project goals and success factors, develops project plans, budgets and schedules with input and buy-in from key stakeholders and team members, and leads the project teams to successfully achieve those goals in the most cost-effective and time-saving manner possible. S/he ensures coordination between multiple TNC departments, digital groups, TIS units, TNC partners, vendors and volunteers. S/he works with executive leadership to develop and enhance digital strategies, methodologies, processes and standards. S/he provides mentorship for team members to assist in their professional development.
S/he will manage the implementation of TNC’s digital transformation roadmap including the nature.org CMS replacement and redesign. S/he acts as supervisor for the Digital Systems team staff. Compensation, evaluation and goal setting for this position will be managed by the Director of Marketing Technology.
Responsibilities & Scope
- Creates and manages a portfolio of marketing technology projects that ensures achievement of marketing and organization-wide goals.
- Oversees the implementation of the digital transformation roadmap in support TNC’s critical global marketing objectives.
- Ensures delivery of web and software products within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Sets realistic and practical goals for projects and develops appropriate strategies for achieving these goals.
- Drives adoption of change management processes and strategic training plans to ensure a smooth transition to new technology within the organization.
- Collaborates effectively with internal groups and outside consultants, supervises process and maintains integrity of organizational technology standards.
- Supervises the Digital Systems team to implement TNC’s portfolio of marketing technology projects.
- Provides coaching and guidance to digital team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Participates in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements
- Well versed in digital industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Works effectively across multiple complex, strategic projects simultaneously.
- Effectively works under stress during peak workload periods.
- Effectively communicates to executive leadership and stakeholders via presentations, conversations and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of experience in a digital environment, including 5 years of digital project management experience.
- Experience using project management techniques and tools.
- Experience managing a project team and the scheduling and financial aspects of large term projects.
- Experience communicating with diverse audiences such as customers, the public, technical staff, and senior leadership.
- Experience supervising staff.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- PMP Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly complex, large scaled projects or multiple medium scale projects in a large, decentralized organization.
- Experience in a global organization.
- Well versed in industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills. Results driven.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading effective teams. Supervisory skills a plus.
- Experience with LEAN and/or agile development principles.
- Additional info: TIS_Sr_Project_Manager_Digital (185kb)