The Associate Director will support all facets of the analytical frameworks focused on increasing traffic and usability of the Conservancy’s digital program. He/she will also work closely with Membership, Business Information and Analytics (BIA), and field teams to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements. He/she will also partner throughout the organization and outside the organization to ensure that best practices in metrics and decision making are being exposed to the Marketing division.
The Director will keep the foundation of our analytics program up-to-date with relevant functionality from identifying tools and data marts to bigger relationships with key stakeholders and working across various business units to ensure strong data-driven decision making will grow to be core within the digital program. S/he will lead and/or partner with all reporting, analytics and testing resources to provide in-depth analysis towards discovering new opportunities for digital growth. S/he will report to the Director of Marketing Technology and supervise the Analytics and Testing team.
Responsibilities & Scope
- Construct and operate an analytical framework to make data driven business decisions
- Support, execute and deliver analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, survey design and analysis, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis and brand research
- Lead the design and development of analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviors that drive customer engagement
- Perform hands-on analyses on large volumes of transaction, marketing and customer level data
- Work with key stakeholders and senior leaders to develop short and long-term analytic strategies, provide key analysis, and identify opportunities and threats through data analysis and research
- Improve data visualization and identify opportunities to develop forecasts, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses of web analytics and fundraising data
- Package deliverables in an articulate and easy-to-understand fashion with a clear storyline that addresses business needs
- Independently deliver results and presentations to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Advance the value of digital data within Marketing and throughout the Conservancy
- Create and socialize governance plan to ensure data integrity
- Provide leadership on A/B & multivariate testing planning, execution, reporting and roadmaps that will lift conversion rates and provide an improved user experience
- Manage and/or mentor Analytics and Testing Team, providing training, defining project deliverables, setting priorities, and ensuring the team meets reporting and analytical needs of the organization
- Plan for the future state of analytics by developing and tracking against an analytics roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience cleansing, manipulating, and transforming consumer level data
- Experience using data to derive insights
- Experience with online advertising/media, channel marketing, strategic marketing, off-line advertising/media and/or consulting
- Experience with market research and interactive tools such as the following:
- Data manipulation, predictive modeling and statistical tools (SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Excel, etc.)
- Surveys (Millwood Brown, etc.)
- Web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.)
- Competitive monitoring tools (Compete, Quantcast, ComScore, NetRatings, etc.)
- Ad Tech Stacks (Ad Servers, MTA, DMP, DCO, etc.)
- 3rd Party & Ad exchange data
- Mobile and social measurement tools
- Experience presenting complex ideas/concepts to senior leaders
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in driving data strategy across multiple channels (websites, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research, etc).
- Experience managing staff and teams.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience leading complex project and program/account management including budgetary responsibilities, and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Master’s degree or extensive professional experience.
- Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, manage performance and help with conflict resolution on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communications, and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of The Nature Conservancy to diverse groups including donors, board members and the public.
- Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Experience developing, implementing, and measuring strategic marketing plans and programs.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and managing budgets.
- Excellent communications, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in relevant discipline.
- Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Additional info: A.Director_of_Marketing Analytics (183kb)