CDDP PROGRAM DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
Title: Program Director
Location: Los Angeles
Please send resume to Kristin Wilcha at email@example.com.
Commercial Director Diversity Program (CDDP) Mission Statement:
The CDDP fosters awareness and increases directing opportunities for women and minorities in the commercial production industry through a targeted program of outreach, mentorship, and exposure.
Program Director Role for the CDDP
Identify and implement a program and comprehensive strategy for minority director inclusion in the commercial advertising industry. Coordinate with the CDDP Advisory Board and the program’s partners to achieve mission. Outlined below are the specifics of what the Program Director’s roles will entail.
- Fulfill responsibilities and mission as set forth (and regularly updated) by CDDP Advisory Committee.
- Regularly report and update the CDDP Advisory Committee & AICP Liaison about the program progress.
- Help determine the legally accepted standard/parameters of an inclusive diversity program, and help us ensure that we are designing and operating a program within these parameters.
- Conduct and oversee CDDP Board and Committee meetings.
MISSION / STRATEGY
- Define those we consider as “Directors of diversity,, and communicate that definition within the philosophy of the program.
- Outreach to film related outlets to educate them about CDDP’s program, and potential opportunities
- i.e. schools, organizations, social media, industry publications, etc.
- Create pipelines to the CDDP program
- develop mutually beneficial relationships with film schools and programs.
- Outreach to production community to educate them about the CDDP, build relationships, and garner their commitment to participate and support the organization, and Director mentees in their mentorships.
- Coordinate with and utilize the DGA to maximize their contribution of resources and contacts.
- Research and develop ever-changing and growing strategies and initiatives to implement (the program should always be growing and expanding to help more people, from a wider community, in more ways).
- Strategic planning and implementation that successfully solidifies CDDP's mission into the future - maintaining program longevity.
- Serving as CDDP’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents (directors, production companies, the AICP and the DGA), the advertising industry, the media and the general public.
THE CDDP PROGRAM
- Outreach to film related outlets (i.e. schools, organizations, social media, industry publications, etc.) to access filmmakers of diverse backgrounds.
- Connecting with other film and television diversity initiatives to help identify candidates and exchange best practices.
- Schedule and organize a series of seminars and panels (at schools and organizations) to educate filmmakers about the commercial production industry and the CDDP program.
- Design program curriculum that would incorporate workshops and mentoring opportunities for selected filmmakers.
- Oversee the scheduling and delivery, and execution of the curriculum (workshops and mentoring)
- Create an application and define a selection process.
- Oversee the selection process of annual Director mentees.
- Outreach to production community to set up mentorships.
- Match Director mentees with production company mentorships / mentoring Directors.
- Monitor and provide support for Director mentees.
- Oversee the production of each mentee’s spec spots.
- Plan and organize annual showcases to feature mentee’s spec spots.
- Program Marketing
- Creating program awareness
- mass emails /social media
- universities/film schools
- minority specific organizations
- Building / enhancing CDDP's image/brand
- being active in the commercial production community creating awareness of the program
- working with member companies, the DGA, and other industry professionals
- Creating program awareness
- Managing / Maintaining Director (applicant) records / database.
- Hiring, staffing, and training employees.
- Coordinate the communication and responsibilities of all committee members.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into, and on behalf of the organization.
- Coordinate with CDDP Accountant to prepare and manage Program finances / financial reports - must be able to analyze these reports and offer improvements based on said findings.
- Plan and maintain annual and monthly budgets.
- Working with and adhering to proposed budgets, anticipating costs that will affect said budgets
- Maintain the financial integrity of the organization.
- Include in budget a specific fund for the Director mentee’s spec spots.
- Passion for fostering diversity in media and affecting change in the advertising industry.
- Production industry experience.
- Nonprofit administrative experience a plus.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of CDDP’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, donors and the production/advertising community at large.
- Skills to interface, collaborate with and motivate board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, oversee and collaborate with Director Mentees.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.