Social Marketing Strategist
TITLE: Social Marketing Strategist
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
You know about new Instagram features before they are rolled out. You spend (what some would call) an alarming amount of time nerding out over Internet culture. You love asking the question, “Why?” You’re a long-term planner. You love to be buttoned up so you can improvise in the moment. You equally love finding narratives in data and listening for the underlying insight from focus group participants. You see the value in simplistic briefs. Brainstorms and calendaring are your jam. You inherently understand the difference between the audiences on Vine, Snapchat Discover, and Youtube. You can easily articulate the difference between strategy and tactics. You love distilling complex problems into manageable tasks. You’d watch Ted Talks and ComicCon panels with equal fervor. You know the difference between Marvel and DC fans (no judgement here on what side you fall). You are excited to be the lynchpin in a tightknit team. You love fantasy, sci-fi, and horror television. If you are getting excited, read on.
AMC seeks a Social Marketing Strategist to develop robust, objective-based, seasonal strategies for key AMC shows that ladder into the overall marketing strategy. The Social strategist will own the process from top to bottom, including, distilling audience insights and phasing out creative, to creating KPIs, and distributing results and reporting. The Social Strategist will work hand in hand with a Community Manager and Content Creator to ensure that our social feeds are top notch. In addition to show-related work, the Social Strategists circulates information about platform trends, cultural trends, and marketing trends throughout the department to help keep everyone up to speed.
- Develop multi-platform social strategies for AMC properties, including dark periods.
- With the Director of Social Marketing, manage media agency and social media plans for shows.
- Manage crucial aspects of large scale social marketing campaigns with the social agencies, including: microsites, social stunts, influencer programs and ongoing micro-content.
- Work hand in hand with community managers and content producers to ensure all tactics ladder up to show strategy.
- Monitor trends and sentiment to determine what the community is talking about and feed that conversation.
- Use social analytics to assess efficacy of message, audience and platform. Work with directors to optimize strategy according to real-time performance, A/B testing, and market research.
- 5 years of experience developing social strategy work at an agency or in a marketing department.
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media – it is an essential part of your life across a range of platforms.
- This position will be a part of a pod, so ability and desire to thrive in a team is a must. At the same time, high level of comfort working autonomously on select pieces of projects.
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation.
- Understanding of what kind of branded content resonates with people and why.
- Flawless spelling and grammar; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to react to situations in real time with a clear head.
- Experience with social ad management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to identify threats and opportunities in social media content.
- Experience with Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, and other measurement tools, content management systems, content publishing tools, basic/working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of television and media.
- Attention to detail, good organization, and dependability.
- A problem solver who gets things done.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).