Director of Social Media
- Everytown for Gun Safety
- New York, NY
Everytown for Gun Safety seeks a Director, Social Media to join the digital team in its New York City office to be responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of social media strategies to build social communities, create engagement, and drive multi-channel traffic.
The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of current social media platforms as well as proven success building and managing content calendars, creative campaigns and large communities. We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, chaotic environment, and who has outstanding writing, proofreading and fact-checking ability. Reporting and/or newsroom experience is a plus.
This role will work cross-departmentally to produce content for use across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and more.
- Write, edit, and curate content for Everytown social media platforms.
- Ensure that all platforms have a consistent and coherent voice that articulates the mission and unique perspective of the organization.
- Manage the fact-checking and approvals process for all social media content within organization and across departments. Approve all posts for all platforms before they go live.
- Provide editorial direction by monitoring the social impact of news and Everytown’s influencers
- Monitor breaking news and current events to create compelled fact-checked up-to-the-minute social media content.
- Tailor content to needs of the specific platform (Twitter, Facebook, website, etc.)
- Maintain a content calendar to ensure social media content supports planned campaigns and programs.
- Responsible for the analytics of our social media performance including engagement, growth, and other success metrics.
- Liaise with graphic designers to create design assets which reinforce brand guidelines and support social media posts.
- Manage full-time social media staffer
- Actively investigate ways to improve engagement on all social media platforms, including emerging social media outlets.
- Maintain fluency in digital content best practices including social media best practices (image sizing, content keywords, hashtags, links sharing)
- Coverage of other digital team responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years of experience managing the social media presence of a high-profile organization with a demonstrated ability to grow audiences and increase engagement.
- Outstanding writing, proofreading and fact-checking ability; reporting and/or newsroom experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape and demonstrated creativity in developing innovative social media strategies and producing engaging and compelling social media content.
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, newsroom like environment within a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours.
Please note: we verify information provided in the application process, including education.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Please email us at email@example.com and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter. Make sure to put your full name on your materials.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.