Director, Media Sales
Who you are:
You are an industry sales leader and will be responsible for building and managing a digital media direct sales organization that provides marketers with industry specific expertise and solutions. Responsibilities include developing a scalable go-to-market advertising sales strategy for the consumer business, creating sales processes to maximize revenue generation, building and managing a direct sales team and representing the entire Getty Images Media Network portfolio.
You will have deep knowledge of the digital media industry across multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and video. You have an insatiable curiosity and drive to develop new ad products related to emerging visual technologies including 360 video and virtual reality formats. You will also proactively represent the company at industry events and speak at industry conferences where appropriate.
Your Next Challenge:
You'll be the primary representative of the Getty Images Media Network to advertisers and agencies and will maximize revenues through direct sales of Getty Images’ advertising inventory across all of its platforms. This role has oversight of all direct sold media, a suite of media services and any independent representatives assigned to key regions or categories. The Director, Media Sales is involved in all key sales functions; including building a high-performing sales team, forecasting revenues, managing the pipeline, periodically presenting to Management, collaborating with the content creation team, marketing, and other departments as necessary.
● Owns the overall direct sales revenue goal for the division and responsible for growing all lines of advertising revenue across all Getty Images products and platforms.
● Direct responsibility for managing a direct sales team. Make senior level sales calls with clients. Ensure sales team is properly trained to represent Getty Images and potential client solutions.
● Develop, present and sell solutions that achieve marketers’ business objectives
● Work collaboratively and intimately with the content creation teams to develop advertising solutions including standard and high-impact ad units, native advertising solutions, mobile and video ad products, etc.
● Acts as the public face and industry expert for the Company, participates in industry events; speak, serve on panels, committees, etc.
● Brings new category insights to market
● Develop requirements for new advertiser informed products
● Manage sales reviews with Executive Management, including forecasting and pipeline reports for all key initiatives (tent-poles, franchises, events)
● Work with marketing and content teams to create new events or franchise properties
● Act as brand lead at media industry events
● Help develop and own the positioning and advertiser story for the Getty Images brand in the marketplace
● Manage the pipeline of key sales priorities (special issues, franchises, tent poles, events)
Work closely with the SVP - Consumer Revenue to develop market facing pricing and policy decisions
What You’ll Need:
● 7+ years’ advertising sales experience across the digital media industry
● 3+ years management experience preferred
● Has high-level industry relationships across agencies and brands and can develop new ones
● Able to secure high level meetings at key advertisers/agencies and carry on high level, strategic discussions that lead to positive business outcomes for the Company and the marketer
● Entrepreneurial attitude and transformational thinker
● Able to recognize category/industry trends and identify revenue opportunities
● Proficient in all aspects of media and fully understands the digital landscape
● Track record of consistent business success, particularly in driving revenue
● Team builder, able to build and manage sales organizations and can scale as operation increases in complexity
● Strong teamwork and leadership skills, with the ability to bring a cross-functional group of marketing, salespeople and product specialists together to deliver best-in- class solutions to the Company’s clients
● Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; sense of humor a requirement
● Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic
● MBA Preferred