Account Director - Chicago
At iCrossing, we are the marketing agency for the modern world. We turn brand potential into business performance. We create brand stories and personalized experiences that drive business outcomes.
Our growth and success has been recognized by the industry in 2017 as one of AdAge's Agencies to Watch. We are on an exciting journey and looking for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial minded Account Director to join us in our newly renovated Chicago office in the West Loop.
As an Account Director youwill lead several accounts for iCrossing Chicago and strategically guide a cross functional team. You will be able toserve as the relationship lead, fostering, developing and strengthening client relationships at all levels. You will be able to directly impact client satisfaction and be responsible for the organic growth of your accounts.
As an Account Director, you will be providing leadership in three areas: Strategic, People and Financial.
- Manage the overall client relationship by setting and delivering upon client expectations as well as partnering with clients to develop their goals and marketing strategies.
- Leading cross-capability teams to deliver creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet and exceed client objectives.
- Displaying powerful presentation skills that invite participation and effect desired outcomes.
- Uses analysis to drive decisions (as opposed to taking orders) in a way that yields sustained, measurable results.
- Serves as the voice of the client internally and the voice of the agency externally - and acting as the trusted voice of the customer by bringing insights into creative strategy and marketing program development.
- Foster an environment of partnership and collaboration with other groups(e.g., Strategy, Media, Analytics, Creative, Technology, etc).
- Inspire innovation by beingcomfortable in ‘white space' work areas and willing to take risks, test the norm, measure and learn forward
- Always be collaborative with a team player mindset.
- Acts as mentor and trusted advisor to team members.
- Contributes new ideas to help build the iCrossing Chicago culture.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to set financial goals and plan for future fiscal year(s).
- Develops creative account plans to grow client revenue by selling (up-sell / cross-sell) creative solutions and ideas in all iCrossing Services, (i.e., Creative, Media, Technology, Strategy, Analytics, Content, etc.) and work closely with Project Management and Finance teams in execution.
- Passion for marketing and determination to bring the best work to life.
- Quick to learn, self-motivated and curious.
- Four years of college education from an accredited school and six to ten years of experience - including five years at an agency (both client side and digital agency experience desirable); MBA degree preferred.
- Strong experience managing client relationships, managing a marketing team and developing marketing strategy.
- Understands marketing fundamentals and the digital landscape including media, technologies and trends.
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking - you're strong on both IQ and EQ, as adept at reading data as you are at reading clients.
- Sound judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Diverse industry experience, CPG and Retail - nice to have
- Effective time-management, impeccable organization and the flexibility to adapt quickly to changes.
- Proven project management and performance management skills -known for your ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring varied groups together to collaborate effectively.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities - articulate, concise and engaging.
- Demonstrates budget management and resource planning experience.