Account Manager & Digital Media Planning Strategist
Talking Points Memo (TPM Media, LLC) seeks to fill the position of account manager and media planning strategist to be part of the publishing team based out of our New York office. This individual will report directly to the senior vice president (SVP) of advertising strategy and, at the direction of the SVP, work closely with the director of product and others on the publishing team.
The position’s chief function is to serve as the primary direct sales client service contact, responsible for drafting initial decks & graphic images, responding to RFPs, managing campaign reports and trafficking, managing billing functions and IO execution, etc.
• Develop a strong relationship with agency counterparts (media planners & buyers) to ensure that TPM is top of mind when RFPs are disbursed
• Seek a client-centric view in all strategic thinking
• Ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to develop clear concise, easily digestible POV in all client facing materials (decks, marketing materials, graphic images, campaign reports, etc. is a must)
• Create digital/integrated media plan recommendations and alternatives utilizing full suite of TPM creative assets as appropriate
•Help lead bi-weekly internal team brainstorming sessions, soliciting new ad ideas from other online properties as well as other team members. Help manage process of keeping team on task when developing new products
• Keep abreast of industry trends through advertising and media trade journals
- Execute the digital media plan
- Recommend optimizations for both ad product selection and creative rotation perspective after reviewing the campaign
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Respond to the flow of client media-related issues as pertains to digital role. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
- Ensure a good working relationship with all client contacts (strategy, creative & client/agency teams, etc.) to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, etc.
- Have a complete grasp on digital budgets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience digital media planning & buying execution
- Innovative thinker & problem solver. Integrating new ideas into digital media plan
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task & shift focus across initiatives as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Comfortable developing C-suite level, client ready materials and presenting basic reporting information to clients with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of Google DFP
- Basic knowledge of 3rd Party AdServing, Google Analytics
- Willingness and ability to pivot between projects quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends as required
The position offers a competitive salary, health insurance coverage, 401(k) (100% employer paid premium), and three weeks paid vacation per year. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please send an email to Jobs (at) talkingpointsmemo.com with a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two written references. Include the subject line: “Job App: Account Manager & Media Planning Strategist.”