We are looking for a talented Group Manager of Content Marketing to take responsibility of Signia’s outbound content and communication program that seeks to create preference for Signia brand in consumer, social and trade media, among key opinion leaders and customers. You will lead/manage a team and agency to achieve Signia’s communication objectives for media, customers and consumers that will contribute to our overall business goals.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing communications professional, with excellent writing skills and sound business acumen. You should have demonstrable ability to create content that attracts and engages consumers, media (reporters and bloggers) and our customers –hearing care professionals. You will have experience in a fast paced production environment that thrives on thought leadership, yet is also deadline driven. A dynamic personality and persuasive skills are required.
Ultimately, you and your team should be able to expand awareness of Signia and create preference on our brand, our company and the products and services we deliver to improve the lives of people living with hearing loss.
For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new content marketing technologies and tools --marketing automation (Marketo, Percolate, Marketing Cloud), audience engagement measurements (Meltwater) and syndication tools, as well as being able to identify, analyze and act on consumer trends and interests.
This is a highly visible position that requires superb relationship, communication and project management skills with strong attention to detail. Knowledge of the hearing care (or healthcare) industry is a plus.
- Design content and identify optimal communication vehicles to achieve Signia’s goal of becoming the global, high-tech leader in the hearing aid industry and the #1 hearing aid company in the world.
- Develop and implement an inclusive editorial calendar for trade and consumer media, inclusive of social/new channels. Plan and execute, delegate as appropriate and ensure deadlines are met
- Create and deliver engaging content through various channels on a regular basis (Signia digital and social media properties, syndication, proactive pitching by the agency)
- Inspire team members to deliver excellent content on relevant topics. Edit, proofread and improve content
- Through audience engagement tools like Meltwater, Percolate and native social media platform performance tools analyze traffic and engagement statistics to website, landing pages and social media properties to optimize messaging, graphics, and coverage
- Lead Consumer Testimonial and Tech Blogger Programs.
- Develop thought leadership content, including consumer surveys, media briefs and other. Display content in impactful ways like survey reports, infographics and media tours. Participate in integrated marketing campaigns, capitalizing on stories of human interest
- Assist in standing marketing activities including product launches, trade show support, creating videos and multimedia assets during customer meetings.
- Receive and analyze feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Proven work experience as a content marketing manager, managing a team of 2-5 people with a range of skills and experience, managing agencies and managing a budget
- Demonstrate strategic and creative thinking
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Expert understanding of media relations
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrable ability to write and edit consumer, clinical and technical, and articles, press releases, newsletters, emails, and create and curate social media content
- Thorough understanding of digital and social media platforms publishing requirements and demonstrable success with social media (mainly Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and to work effectively with executives
- Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress and Content Marketing tools like Marketo or Percolate
- Hands on experience with obtaining and analyzing traffic metrics and acting on them content management software and tracking/reporting programs, including social media performance statistics and PR/content performance measurements.
- BS/BA in marketing, journalism or equivalent plus seven to ten years related experience or team lead experience in PR or content function.
- Project management and ability to execute in a dynamic matrix-type environment
A day in the life:
- You will oversee content development and create content for news releases, contribute to articles, patient success stories, practice case studies and executive presentations. You and your team will collaborate with internal stakeholders, including product management team and other marketing colleagues to ensure development and execution of integrated media and consumer communications strategies, tactics and deliverables to create preference for the Signia brand and products
- Source and create multimedia customer case studies and place in selected media outlets
- Provide strategic thinking on PR and social media content activity for the United States, drive, manage and execute content strategy
- Partner with content marketing agency to do proactive planning and communication to trade and consumer media
- Analyze trend reports and topics of interest in tools like Meltwater, and with your team create and implement quarterly content plan for trade, consumer and social media
- With R&D, audiology and product teams write and place articles and blogs for trade and consumer press, either through agency pitching or syndication
- Create professional presentations for the media and general public created in conjunction with product and marketing specialists and obtain feedback and approval from subject matter experts
Key attributes for success in this position:
- Team leader and team player, must network effectively with internal partners in marketing, marketing communications, product management, audiology, training and other teams to drive media plan to success
- Network effectively with editors in trade publications that cover Signia to create mutually beneficial environment for both parties
- Must be dynamic and upbeat, able to work in fast paced, goal-oriented, performance-driven environment
- Understanding of hearing care (or consumer healthcare) issues and trends, emerging technologies and how these technologies solve patient challenges
- Ability to understand and translates complex and/or technical information into simple terms, understandable by laypeople and reporters
- Persistent in pursuing stories with consumer interest by teaming with sales & training organizations to create pieces with human orientation
- Strong work ethic, as this position will manage confidential company information
- Experience developing interviews (audio, video, written), news copy, presentations, emails, and peripherals that are clear, creative, and concise based on story submissions, as well as proactive searches for news.